Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Bell/Downing

Votes: 34 12.6%
  • Vatche Manoukian

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 217 80.7%

• Total voters
….i don’t compare us to them, we have struggled in our bad times but maintained our proud status in the top flight. City dropped like a stone, it’s amazing what we’ve so far managed through adversity.
Yeah, apart from the fact we were never bottom of the league and have only had one takeover he is spot on.

Noel Gallagher quoted this morning :

“When I explain it to Sonny, my youngest lad, I think the perfect analogy is: ‘If you want to know what it used to be like, look at Everton’,” Gallagher began.

“If City hadn’t been bought by Sheikh Mansour, it would have been takeover after takeover, all sorts of f***wits coming in, failure and broken promises.

“I look at Everton at the bottom of the league, points deductions, and I think: ‘There but for the grace of God go us’. Because that would have been us, or possibly even worse.”
I presume he includes himself in the f***wits who invested in City befour Mansour bought them.

I presume he includes himself in the f***wits who invested in City befour Mansour bought them.
Tbf, he should have used Forest, Southampton, Burnley, Leeds or Leicester in his vocalised brain fart, as City came up from the Championship. Not Everton, who have been ever presents in the EPL and had less takeovers than any of them in the last 30 years.

Tbf, he should have used Forest, Southampton, Burnley, Leeds or Leicester in his vocalised brain fart, as City came up from the Championship. Not Everton, who have been ever presents in the EPL and had less takeovers than any of them in the last 30 years.
IF BK had purchased the King's Dock & Manchester City had not been given the Commonwealth ground they would have purchased us - Thanks BK .....

….i don’t compare us to them, we have struggled in our bad times but maintained our proud status in the top flight. City dropped like a stone, it’s amazing what we’ve so far managed through adversity.
Bet they enjoyed winning their lower leagues then we did struggling.

I thought Bell and Downing had the Dell family backing them? So if they are looking for funding that must not be the case now, right?
They are just loaning the cash from an investment vehicle which was set up to make more money from Dells money (which has since merged with a bank).

Mr Dell won’t know what an Everton is, and all the IT equipment at the Liver building will be from Argos.

I thought Bell and Downing had the Dell family backing them? So if they are looking for funding that must not be the case now, right?
As part of the fit and proper owners test, dosent any prospective owner need to prove that they can finance a club for at least 3 seasons? I wonder if that means they have to borrow more than they would like, hence needing another party on board. Just a guessing though.