• Vatche Manoukian

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 245 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That applies to whoever takes on Everton.

So.......... 🤷‍♂️
I don't see this lot spending. They'll pay a high price for the club and hope to use some sort of moneybag approach to getting us more competitive. I don't buy that plan.

They're at source car salespeople on a grand scale.

They probably want to 'diversify the portfolio' to demonstrate their cultural capital.

If this cash was coming from anywhere other than the U.S. we'd be calling it sports washing, because in effect that's what it is: there's a conscious attempt to leave their own spiv beginnings behind and to make a pitch for something more noble by aligning themselves with and taking in heritage assets like EFC and Roma.
What exactly are their 'spiv beginnings'?

Maybe the one that suited our club - the one he chose on this thread only has 6% support - perhaps the involvement of owning Roma put posters off ?
@joey this poll was closed shortly after Friedkin was added to it.
Vici was already way ahead in the poll.
I know that I voted for Vici before I had even heard of Friedkin.
This is still not a done deal until an official announcement is made, but I'm pretty sure that a big majority of blues are hoping that it goes ahead.
Perhaps time for a new poll?

What did you expect? He was (and is) still working for the owner who caused the issues and operating under massive constraints. Of course he could have condemned everyone, told a “truth” you would personally approve, taken his ball home in a huff and left the lady from the ticket office overseeing the club and stadium build. Would that have impressed you?

FWIW at the time he made his comment on headlock gate he likely did not have all the information now in the public domain. He has made it clear to FAB and others privately (he still works for Moshiri remember) that he regrets how the fans were portrayed. On our long list of problems he is right at the bottom but when Moshiri is gone I agree it would be nice if he/ the club would publicly set the record straight.

If things were going steadily at time within the club they could have easily dampened any protest momentum by proving that with the clubs own PR and external media. They couldn’t prove that , so they went the classic shame tactic route, only this time they went too far (at a guess out of panic) and the rest is history.

It had been brewing for a considerable time and they played on the fact supporters are reactive and usually quieten down after a couple of wins on the pitch. They admitted this to the likes of Katie Carter but this time the feeling was enough is enough.

Personally I think the whole situation showed up a lot of people and I strongly suspect there has a been a relationship between club, media, fan media, former players etc that’s benefited the few rather than the club itself.

As for Chong, admittedly wasn’t all that impressed with his demeanour and what he said during Radio Merseyside’s Everton documentary

Maybe the one that suited our club - the one he chose on this thread only has 6% support - perhaps the involvement of owning Roma put posters off ? -

He had 4 choices - I always stated on this thread, Moshiri would choose a buyer that suited him - not necessary the club itself - hence his persistence to exclude everyone else for the dodgy 777 9 months of an exclusivity deal was absolute madness by him - then Textor stood up & buyers were cueing up - lets hope he has chosen wisely ?
This guy is probably the best one out of the bids that were made though. He has money, previous experience and wants to move forward in regards to where football is concerned. I think under him we can put to bed any notion of anymore of the sentimental fc rubbish that has strangled this club for years and (imo) would have continued under the likes of Bell and Downing. MSP don't want us and I have never understood their involvement, they are clearly hankering after Spurs and are prepared to sit it out (they will have a long wait from what I hear) The Vici bid was unknown and shrouded in mystery also the two guys behind Vici have been involved with more companies than most people have had hot meals. Also the Manoukian bid seemed a bit too good to be true, initial money upfront which was great but what about afterwards? Also they are all tech guys which probably means it would be crypto/NFT everything. Sorry not for me.
I think we are making the right choice.

I don't see this lot spending. They'll pay a high price for the club and hope to use some sort of moneybag approach to getting us more competitive. I don't buy that plan.

If that is your baseline for a good owner, none of them will. Mr. Moshiri and his debt have guaranteed that.

They're at source car salespeople on a grand scale.

They probably want to 'diversify the portfolio' to demonstrate their cultural capital.

If this cash was coming from anywhere other than the U.S. we'd be calling it sports washing, because in effect that's what it is: there's a conscious attempt to leave their own spiv beginnings behind and to make a pitch for something more noble by aligning themselves with and taking in heritage assets like EFC and Roma.
That's ridiculous even for you.

This guy is probably the best one out of the bids that were made though. He has money, previous experience and wants to move forward in regards to where football is concerned. I think under him we can put to bed any notion of anymore of the sentimental fc rubbish that has strangled this club for years and (imo) would have continued under the likes of Bell and Downing. MSP don't want us and I have never understood their involvement, they are clearly hankering after Spurs and are prepared to sit it out (they will have a long wait from what I hear) The Vici bid was unknown and shrouded in mystery also the two guys behind Vici have been involved with more companies than most people have had hot meals. Also the Manoukian bid seemed a bit too good to be true, initial money upfront which was great but what about afterwards? Also they are all tech guys which probably means it would be crypto/NFT everything. Sorry not for me.
I think we are making the right choice.
Assuming it happens I'd say it's a reasonable outcome - the best indicator is the Roma fans.

I'm keen for the club to be more global, Mosh/Uzzy didn't seem to move that on much - Friedkins seems to operate businesses all over the world.

I get that some would have liked free spending oil rich outfits.

I just want somebody to stabilise and strengthen the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.