Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 245 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

They're also arming Cannes to the teeth after a transitional year. 😂

Is there any local talk of Saudis taking over Roma?

Is there any local talk of Saudis taking over Roma?
Asked him (or her) the same earlier
There have been rumors around about the Saudis since last year. To be honest it's an even older story. When Matteo Renzi was Prime Minister, the press reported he held talks with representatives of a sovereign fund about a possible Roma takeover. I don't know why, since he's a Fiorentina fan. 😆 He's a personal friend of bin-salman though, the Saudi prince.

Then for years nobody talked about it until last year. There's been some media buzz, to the point the Friedkins themselves had to release a statement saying that they weren't interested in selling the club. And trust me, this is a rare event. They simply don't talk to anybody. The press goes crazy with them.

I don't know. We got the impression something happened in the background, but the rumours slowly faded away. Now someone is bringing the matter on the table again. But it's more like an attempt at understanding what's happening with Everton. Many believe they'll sell Roma soon. I don't know and honestly I don't agree, since they have changed manager, DoF and strategy. Something you don't do if you're going to sell the club. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I don't think it will happen soon.

We should also take into account that a Saudi takeover wold be embarrassing for the Pope. 😂

And I'm all for jumping on the bandwagon - but it must be said, couldn't we have said the same about Moshiri when he came into the picture? 😅

Little bit different mate, the group turned over 11 billion last year. Freidkins has a personal wealth of 6 billion. To put that into context Usminovs personal wealth is 13 billion.

Moshiri only ever had a personal wealth of 3 billion odd, 1.6 billion i think when he took over.

Not saying all that money would be Sugar Daddyed into Everton in fact, it wont be and id be against it, but i think our days of concern around funding the stadium and cash flow at the club month to month are behind us if this goes through.

The most important thing here is these lads know how to run a profitable business.

Im going to do some more research on them later, haven't really had time since the announcement.

They're also arming Cannes to the teeth after a transitional year. 😂
So I see - but isn’t he maybe a bit past it?

IMG_0673.jpeg

Sounds about right.

Could be mate. A Euro Super League is definitely still in play.

I wonder also if another yank owner in the PL is pushing us nearer the end of collective bargaining over tv deals. They'll have an eye on individually as clubs broadcasting their own games on multiple platforms. I think that's the end game here, and the importance of TFG - another shoulder to the wheel to push that through. 🤷‍♂️

That angle to mate. I can see a few synergies here, but want to do a bit more digging! ;)

I think its very interesting they are picking up prime real estate (metaphorically) geographically, Rome, Cannes and Shiny New Stadium in Liverpool.

Little bit different mate, the group turned over 11 billion last year. Freidkins has a personal wealth of 6 billion. To put that into context Usminovs personal wealth is 13 billion.

Moshiri only ever had a personal wealth of 3 billion odd, 1.6 billion i think when he took over.

Not saying all that money would be Sugar Daddyed into Everton in fact, it wont be and id be against it, but i think our days of concern around funding the stadium and cash flow at the club month to month are behind us if this goes through.

The most important thing here is these lads know how to run a profitable business.

Im going to do some more research on them later, haven't really had time since the announcement.
None of this is relevant to me. Can they run the club properly? That’s the only metric that counts.
Time will tell.

Worrying that they plan to bring in a new manager. Need stability for next season as squad likely to be weaker

I see it as a huge plus that they dont think dyche is fit to be our manager.

I think hes a poor manager and it would shows they obviously want more for the club then for us to be lower mid table.

His managerial style doesnt lend to stability either. 7 games without a win at the start of last season, 14 games without a win mid season? That isnt a anomaly its how his record at Burnley was as well.

If theres someone there whos better get them in.

None of this is relevant to me. Can they run the club properly? That’s the only metric that counts.
Time will tell.

Ill be honest mate i didn't have the relevance to you in mind when i posted.

I dont know how the above isn't relevant to be honest, its literally the results of running businesses.

However it going to be a process of recovering Everton business rather then an event, which long term is a good thing, from a very brief look at an over view of their approach we may have to take some medicine yet.

I hear ya mate - ok I'm jumping back on the bandwagon then...

We love you Texas, we do!:drunk:

What did you expect? He was (and is) still working for the owner who caused the issues and operating under massive constraints. Of course he could have condemned everyone, told a “truth” you would personally approve, taken his ball home in a huff and left the lady from the ticket office overseeing the club and stadium build. Would that have impressed you?

FWIW at the time he made his comment on headlock gate he likely did not have all the information now in the public domain. He has made it clear to FAB and others privately (he still works for Moshiri remember) that he regrets how the fans were portrayed. On our long list of problems he is right at the bottom but when Moshiri is gone I agree it would be nice if he/ the club would publicly set the record straight.

I have my views.

I'm yet to see any counter comments from him other than were published on the BBC where it was clearly stated that people "misunderstood" 14 January 2023. I didn't "misunderstand" anything. Thank you Colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.