Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kaveh told me the Sun was shining I'd walk out with an umbrella, probably one of the most unreliable sources on Earth and totally full of himself. Would love him to be right on this for once though.
he'll have just listened to the Bobbles postcast and is now passing off as his own news

Very interesting.

I remember a bizarre radio interview about 3 months ago between Derek Hatton and Simon Jordan. Both of them knew Bell and Downing and both said that they would be fantastic in managing the business of Everton and lamented their understanding that they didn't want to get involved.

Hopefully they are indeed fully committed.

I don't know them ( but I've heard a lot of pretty good things about Andy Bell from people who do know him ) and it would appear that we would be in very safe hands with those 2

Well if anyone needs to know why there is a race on to buy us, this will explain it!

First posted by someone on Peoples Forum. A statto person on Reddit has come up with a method to judge the 'prestige' level of all 896 English mens football clubs, based on various things like when founded, time spent in which divisions, cups, titles etc. And Everton are top of this 'prestige league'! However, we are likely to finally give up top spot to Liverpool next season.

There's a brilliant graphic below, showing how the standings have evolved over time. Aston Villa were top dogs for decades, we've almost always been top two and have been top since 1969, whereas Liverpool only really enter the fray in the 1970's. Below that link is the article which underpins it all. Very pleasing stuff, and gives us pause to remember what the name of Everton FC means to English football.

Brilliant evolving graphic

Article explaning it

Remember all the people in those other thread that was closed who said no one was buying us? Who said(you know who you are) that because someone hadnt broadcast their interest on the interwebs that no one wanted us? Remember all of the people saying no one wanted to buy us, we had too much debt, administration was a real possibility/probability? Yeah, pepperidge farm remembers.

Turns out the rest of us were, in fact, right, and that bed wetting does, in fact, only wet your bed. Pleaaase remember this next time and save us the trouble.

At this point Id say its an unknown who will be the "winner", as it seems Moshiri has lined up firms to fund them, so itll be up to who is credible AND offers the most. And thats something you cant predict. I can possibly see it being someone we havent heard about yet.

Short term, re-financing of debt would mean lower interest payments improving cash flow but just as importantly reduces the charge to the P&L.

With FFP, the battle over connected entity/owner sponsorship is the key that unlocks the door. In your example above, the ability for Tesla/Amazon/Virgin to be able to spend £200m a year on shirt sponsorship, stadium sponsorship allows owners to much easier navigate the rules that are in place.

the simplest may be to have the club sell the stadium to a separate entity also owned by the new owner. that would be a huge cash infusion to the club's books and take the debt away at the same time. any 2-bit accountant should be able to sort this out in a way that settles the books...

From 2021;

“Typically banks provide short-term working capital cash flow. These guys are longer term strategic money,” said a banker with knowledge of MSD’s operations. “For the most part they don’t finance purchases, they just provide long-term stable funding . . . they provide something that doesn’t exist.”

That, however, comes at a price. The latest accounts for St Mary’s Football Group, the holding company for Southampton, showed that the £78.8m loan, which is due for repayment in 2025, carries an annual interest rate of 9.14 per cent. That interest rate is in line with what MSD has charged other clubs, according to people familiar with the matter.

While MSD is writing cheques during a historic crisis for the sport, there are fears that the steep costs attached could prove punishing for the borrowers.

and

MSD can require clubs to put up considerable assets as security for the loans, including property. Derby’s Pride Park stadium is part of the security for the loan, Morris said.

As always, devil will be in the detail. I suspect their backing is in reality, just a loan.

Full article: https://www.ft.com/content/243f4030-aa2f-43c4-be32-723ba868d27a

I think they misspelt it mate.

Dell and Bowning.
IMG_8149.webp

Also, Textor and A-Cap are seemingly out. Textor obviously cant get funds in time and may have just been leveraging to get more Palace control anyway, and A-Cap released a statement saying they want to take a minority stake. Moshiri wants out. He doesnt want to just sell and keep a majority stake and still be responsible for the running of the club and its losses.

Very interesting.

I remember a bizarre radio interview about 3 months ago between Derek Hatton and Simon Jordan. Both of them knew Bell and Downing and both said that they would be fantastic in managing the business of Everton and lamented their understanding that they didn't want to get involved.

Hopefully they are indeed fully committed.

I don't know them ( but I've heard a lot of pretty good things about Andy Bell from people who do know him ) and it would appear that we would be in very safe hands with those 2
The knock on their chances has always been their personal wealth not being enough but if they have significant backing that removes that issue.

For me, of the known options they are the best- the unknown consortium we can’t judge obviously. Doesn’t necessarily mean that they are the best option for Moshiri though and that still worries me.

From the sounds of things Bell and Downing have been working closely with the club in recent months so having been under the hood they’d be able to hit the ground running.

Remember all the people in those other thread that was closed who said no one was buying us? Who said(you know who you are) that because someone hadnt broadcast their interest on the interwebs that no one wanted us? Remember all of the people saying no one wanted to buy us, we had too much debt, administration was a real possibility/probability? Yeah, pepperidge farm remembers.

Turns out the rest of us were, in fact, right, and that bed wetting does, in fact, only wet your bed. Pleaaase remember this next time and save us the trouble.

At this point Id say its an unknown who will be the "winner", as it seems Moshiri has lined up firms to fund them, so itll be up to who is credible AND offers the most. And thats something you cant predict. I can possibly see it being someone we havent heard about yet.
Give me a shout when we actually have new owners instead of yack, yack in the press.

I think thats because there's nothing in it.
One of the banks interested in financing a deal also handles a lot of Michael Dell's wealth.
Other than that giving the bank a lot of leverage, it has very little to do with any purchase of Everton.
The MSD part of BDT-MSD Partners was the Dell family investment vehicle until 2023 and DFO is the Dell family’s asset management arm that allocated money to MSD and other investment ventures so DFO remains a source of funds to BDT-MSD but they operate independently.

BDT-MSD primarily want to lead the debt restructuring and be the secured long-term debt provider to Everton. It does seem that some press people are being briefed that in parallel DFO are prepared to also lend funds directly to Bell/Downing. It is possible they could potentially to take an equity position alongside them but right now that is speculative.

It should all become clearer in the next few days but it definitely is not mega-billionaire Michael Dell trying to buy us for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back