Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Textor and A-Cap are seemingly out. Textor obviously cant get funds in time and may have just been leveraging to get more Palace control anyway, and A-Cap released a statement saying they want to take a minority stake. Moshiri wants out. He doesnt want to just sell and keep a majority stake and still be responsible for the running of the club and its losses.
Textor hasn't got the Busey....scruff.

The MSD part of BDT-MSD Partners was the Dell family investment vehicle until 2023 and DFO is the Dell family’s asset management arm that allocated money to MSD and other investment ventures so DFO remains a source of funds to BDT-MSD but they operate independently.

BDT-MSD primarily want to lead the debt restructuring and be the secured long-term debt provider to Everton. It does seem that some press people are being briefed that in parallel DFO are prepared to also lend funds directly to Bell/Downing. It is possible they could potentially to take an equity position alongside them but right now that is speculative.

It should all become clearer in the next few days but it definitely is not mega-billionaire Michael Dell trying to buy us for himself.
Any news on ELO or GLC?

I don't care who buys us as long as they wipe the debt out, so the stadium income goes all to the club.

I see we could end up going to see Everton at the Dell. Richest we've been and we have the name of Southampton's former shambles of a home. Everton that.

I think Bell and Downing could be very exciting and highly preferable to all of the alternative suitors mooted so far.
If they’re backed by a serious billionaire as per reports then all good! Definitely more exciting to have people with an affinity for football in charge. Doesn’t matter if they’re Evertonians or not but that’s a bonus.

Main thing is they sort out the finances and run the club properly.

From 2021;

and

As always, devil will be in the detail. I suspect their backing is in reality, just a loan.

Full article: https://www.ft.com/content/243f4030-aa2f-43c4-be32-723ba868d27a

I think Burnley and West Ham loans were 8.5% + LIBOR.

If MSD are not taking a controlling interest then Downing and Bell will have to have other parties lined up because it would take about 7000 years for the club itself to repay MSD what they would be loaning to buy the club.

I don't care who buys us as long as they wipe the debt out, so the stadium income goes all to the club.

I see we could end up going to see Everton at the Dell. Richest we've been and we have the name of Southampton's former shambles of a home. Everton that.
Nobody who buys us will pay off all the debt.

That would be stupid and nobody who values money would do that.

For that we would need an oil state with no regard for money.

I think thats because there's nothing in it.
One of the banks interested in financing a deal also handles a lot of Michael Dell's wealth.
Other than that giving the bank a lot of leverage, it has very little to do with any purchase of Everton.

That's how I read it as well. It's just a financing offer, no offer from Dell to come in as an owner.

If they’re backed by a serious billionaire as per reports then all good! Definitely more exciting to have people with an affinity for football in charge. Doesn’t matter if they’re Evertonians or not but that’s a bonus.

Main thing is they sort out the finances and run the club properly.
What kind of billionaire are we talking about?

Like one of those rich billionaires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back