Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that we signed an exclusivity clause with such a useless company for so long and now it’s over suddenly everyone is coming out the woodwork wanting to buy us. How did we not find these options previously?!

I assume some of it is seeing the stadium getting close to finished and also the fact that we might have a competent manager who can keep us in the league but still, the board again have a lot to answer for.

We got 200 million from them, 12 months closer to the completion date, PSR decisions should in most respects be past us now (if we trip again, it will be with full knowledge of the rules, punishments etc). Much of the uncertainty is gone, now it's time to restructure the debt.

This is the bit that concerns me about Manoukian and the IMS capabilities and their client portfolio - does a "tech based approach" just mean the usually holy trinity of blockchain, AI and NFTs to "disrupt fan engagement"? Football and NFTs do not have a great track record.

Tokenisation and NFTs

NFTs are inspiring industries to re-imagine the way consumers and brands interact. We invest in ventures that leverage tokenisation technology to engage audiences in new and exciting ways or that incorporate tokenisation as an inherent part of their business model. Our expertise spans loyalty programmes, membership schemes, product authentication, and enriching product experiences.

What does any of that corporate psychobabble actually mean?

At a guess I'd say " how can we squeeze more money out of fans " ?

Trump sold a load of NFTs to raise money... guess it's a novel way to raise capital but I don't think it will work in a football environment. As you say nothing to really worry about.

In terms of Web3, though, many lucrative sponsorship deals could be forged from their background with blockchain; you look at what Man United have gotten from Tezos or Man City from OKX. Even our Stake sponsorship despite how ugly it looks it's still our highest paid sponsorship ever.

This is very different to what youre all wondering about.

This is a venture builder (a little different to venture capitalist) with a sole focus on tech.

It does not mean they do shady scams or offer products to retail investors...

...it literally means they find, help and support innovative tech firms within several areas.

One thing mentioned being smart contracts - those are similar to escrow but with a few nuances and of course faster and safer.

I suspect all of our day to day operations would become tech driven.

Their goal if solely them involved would be to showcase the companies theyre invested with (we show proof of concept) and also to use us to get their name out there).

These types of firms tend to make fortunes.

I think the new stadium is a game changer in attracting wealthy buyers/investors , a lot of the debt has already been incurred and I think the potential of the new stadium is becoming clearer.
The word iconic is thrown around loosely but I think in this case it will be correct.

In my opinion it is impossible to compare bids as realistically we hear of proposals but we know that in truth the detail of these proposals will be secret until a deal is finalised at the very earliest.

The biggest concern for me is that Moshiri will be looking for the best deal for Moshiri rather than the best deal for Everton FC.
We may never fully know which may have been the best deal.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Bell/Downing combo as owners but we need to realise that this a business deal first, second and third. Their support of Everton is welcome but I don't think it will influence any decisions they make should they be the chosen ones.

I guess the saudi royal is the mankourian equivalent to dell its a link being pushed from their side to make it sound like a big thing when actually its a minor figure who makes no impact.

I would suspect if theyre going down this road then the Saudi would either be an equity partner or be able to refinance any debt for a much lower rate than the likes of a bank

Seeing as theyre tech driven I wonder if theyre using a different approach than weve seen done effectively before.

Quite an interesting read, their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back