Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a footballing brain owning us
1718031326307.webp

Hi Matty!

I think the new stadium is a game changer in attracting wealthy buyers/investors , a lot of the debt has already been incurred and I think the potential of the new stadium is becoming clearer.
The word iconic is thrown around loosely but I think in this case it will be correct.

In my opinion it is impossible to compare bids as realistically we hear of proposals but we know that in truth the detail of these proposals will be secret until a deal is finalised at the very earliest.

The biggest concern for me is that Moshiri will be looking for the best deal for Moshiri rather than the best deal for Everton FC.
We may never fully know which may have been the best deal.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Bell/Downing combo as owners but we need to realise that this a business deal first, second and third. Their support of Everton is welcome but I don't think it will influence any decisions they make should they be the chosen ones.
The stadium I always thought would fetch a different level of interest. Im in the US so admit some ignorance on locale but what I read, its feasible it will be the most attractive entertainment venue in the northwest including Manchester. Obviously music acts will likely stop in both, but bigger than that international football events, NFL etc if there is a stadium they want attached in that UK region it may appear the most viable and attractive. Of course its attached with loans but not secondary parties of ownership. The potential to own that outright when most premier league clubs don't has to be an incredible potential for diversifying income streams adn thus assurance in the asset longterm.

God knows mate, for a long time I figured 777 was a way to kick the can as I wasn't convinced Usmanov/Moshiri was ready to walk away.

Honestly think if sanctions were lifted, they'd keep the club.
It would raise some interesting questions if that did happen. Moshiri would effectively be admitting that usmanov is the real owner and it would maybe have further impact on Everton with companies house/the government taking a dim view on the club having a shadow owner.

The stadium I always thought would fetch a different level of interest. Im in the US so admit some ignorance on locale but what I read, its feasible it will be the most attractive entertainment venue in the northwest including Manchester. Obviously music acts will likely stop in both, but bigger than that international football events, NFL etc if there is a stadium they want attached in that UK region it may appear the most viable and attractive. Of course its attached with loans but not secondary parties of ownership. The potential to own that outright when most premier league clubs don't has to be an incredible potential for diversifying income streams adn thus assurance in the asset longterm.
Manchester has a big venue next to Citys ground now : https://www.cooplive.com/

Perhaps Everton could use the ground for big events too, true.

he's worth 39b I think, which is mad, wonder why he never tried to make them massive?
I get the feeling the Saudis just want to own everything. They don't care about the individual clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to buy the premier league or champions league in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back