Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch us get the worst Saudi Royal ever.
spaceballs-space.gif

If it's true that Saudi wealth is interested then it's game over for the other bidders.
It's not just the stadium. The whole Liverpool Waters project is rife for development and investment and is perfect for Saudi money.
The next few days will be interesting.

Quick half baked research and opinions of said groups.

Bell Downing
Pros Evertonians and thus assumed better local knowledge and by extension fan communication. Concerns are the level of wealth, accumulated est worth is under a billion. They have a possible finance option from Michael Dell, but paint me concerned. You are buying an asset worth rumored half your net worth means you are hyperly reliant or indebted on a secondary financing source. That makes me think they will be leveraging the club for possibly personal profits, let alone maybe having too shallow of pockets for competition.

Vatche Manoukian
Pros maybe has a huge source of finances through Saudi connect. Concerns are frankly the source industry of his wealth. IMS Digital Ventures strikes me as a bit too volatile or a cutting edge for assurance. It makes me think Vatche may be somewhat of a foil similar to Moshiri and Usmanov. Would we have an owner hyperly reliant on a deeper pocket co financier again. I also personally would be uncomfortable with Saudi money ethically. Not to make that a big discussion, nor to act that moral distinctions with other billionaires are huge. This level of wealth almost goes hand to hand with human rights violations in some way. Personally though that may just be a bit of a bridge too far for me when given other alternatives.

John Textor
Pros premier league experience and credible football experience. Concerns first him struggling clearing himself of his Palace shares likely ruling him out. Also possibly the level of wealth rumored net worth at 3ish billion. That places us relatively in the lower middle in regards to sole premier league owner counterparts. Maybe fine in an EPL with more stringent financial rules and advantages but equally likely not a place of separation competitively.

Dan Friedkin
Pros diverse source of finances, owns another football asset, and is worth est 6 billion. Concerns not all that much football experience having a sole club in AS Roma to which he payed almost double the rumored tag of Everton. Would we be priority in between those two assets? or benefit from just one sister club in the ownership umbrella? In regards to football ownership not a lot of info considering the length of tenure.

MSP
Pros already involved with Everton and thus could likely clear financial holdovers easier than other groups. Have a multi club model along with other sports ventures. Were rumored with Spurs so clearly aspirational. Concerns the actual depth of finances, and how much of it we'd see. Have read mixed things, Jahm Najafi chairman net worth at 2 billion. Clearly more cash in the consortium but the nature of venture capitalist is to extract and or flip assets. Makes me wary of stability or longterm commitment.

Last edited:
If it's true that Saudi wealth is interested then it's game over for the other bidders.
It's not just the stadium. The whole Liverpool Waters project is rife for development and investment and is perfect for Saudi money.
How would it work with the Saudi PIF already having a share in Newcastle?

Like I get that other members of the family will have their own wealth, but you’d imagine the “big” funds to be tied up in the PIF.

If this is real Saudi wealth why do they need the others in the consortium

The Saudi Royal is probably a very wealthy individual by normal standards, but I very much doubt that anyone with significant wealth or standing is going to compete against their national sovereign wealth fund in the same league, or would even be permitted to do so.

If they don't have big wealth and/or standing, and one comes with the other, then I'd guess this person's involvement is just being emphasised for effect. I wouldn't expect such a person to be in a position where they can materially effect things for the better at Everton, in the event Manoukian becomes the preferred bidder. You want the real deal in that scenario, not associates, uncles, nephews, or friends of friends.

I imagine Burnley fans had a far more enjoyable season in the championship rocking up 101 points playing good attacking football than we did getting beat most weeks in the Premier League as we hung on to 16th playing turgid football.

I suppose its what do you want out of supporting your football club to what opinion you hold of my notion. I have always maintained unless we're winning things or in the conversation of winning things then I have little interest in what league we're in as midtable for midtable sake is dour, boring & repetitive.

That view point often means I am accused of longing only for "oil blood money" or "wanting to win the play offs" when all it means is that I know what is required for EFC to succeed in modern day football. A big takeover is the only opportunity we have to break into the elite.

The likes of Bell & Dowling, MSP, 777 etc. cannot satisfy my aspirations for this once great football club. Thats not to say I wont support whoever comes in because I will, however I have to be honest with my evaluation of each candidates merits and what they bring to the table.

So far, none of the names in the frame particularly excite me, I am hopeful more than anything that the global consortium are a front of some kind for gulf state cash but we will have to see. A lot of stuff being leaked at present, some that is outlandish and confusing like statements on Evertonian millenials etc.

Off you pop then, go and support Burnley.

I’m sure their forums would welcome someone as enlightened as you with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back