Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Saudi Royal is probably a very wealthy individual by normal standards, but I very much doubt that anyone with significant wealth or standing is going to compete against their national sovereign wealth fund in the same league, or would even be permitted to do so.

If they don't have big wealth and/or standing, and one comes with the other, then I'd guess this person's involvement is just being emphasised for effect. I wouldn't expect such a person to be in a position where they can materially effect things for the better at Everton, in the event Manoukian becomes the preferred bidder. You want the real deal in that scenario, not associates, uncles, nephews, or friends of friends.
The purpose of the external investment is part of Saudi's 2030 Vision to increase tourism by better promoting the country. They are prepared to do that in anyway they can positively, of which sports is a huge part of that.

If, there is genuine interest from Saudi, the fact that there would be two clubs competing in the same league would not be a problem, it gives more say in the Premier League which gives them more ability to control decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back