Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that it’s MSP? do you want these?

i haven’t a clue btw of ANY of these bidders

i just want the money

You're better than that.

You'll be boasting about a "WAR CHEST" next.

Mind you I'm buggered if I can tell which would be best for the club in the long term. Bit of a crap shoot.

How would it work with the Saudi PIF already having a share in Newcastle?

Like I get that other members of the family will have their own wealth, but you’d imagine the “big” funds to be tied up in the PIF.
All Saudi wealth isn't tied to PIF is it? It's a public investment fund, a vehicle for moving money. Just because the Saudi PIF own Newcastle, doesn't prevent another Saudi investing in another PL club. It'll probably just be a private Saudi investor.

Until we hear something more concrete then it's all mental gymnastics.

Everton is a private company though not a plc.

Everton is a private company though not a PLC. If the existing lenders agree then their debt can obviously remain in place but in actual fact any purchaser will want to repay the most junior debt first as that will be the most expensive debt.
i agree that they’ll want to clear the most expensive debt. But they may not be able to depending on the covenants in place.

Whether public or private, secured debt would have seniority over junior.

My guess is the 400m clears MSP and RMF with moshiri receiving a nominal payment for his loan that is defacto equity.

That leaves the 777 loan which you believe would have to be paid off immediately with more debt. 777 will be happy to receive the interest. My guess is that we’d be in a better position to refinance long term in 12 months rather than immediately.

There is no way that moshiri is getting 400m for his equity and then they are going to drop 600m to clear the debt (given there has been no mention of debt refinancing in the article).

i agree that they’ll want to clear the most expensive debt. But they may not be able to depending on the covenants in place.

Whether public or private, secured debt would have seniority over junior.

My guess is the 400m clears MSP and RMF with moshiri receiving a nominal payment for his loan that is defacto equity.

That leaves the 777 loan which you believe would have to be paid off immediately with more debt. 777 will be happy to receive the interest. My guess is that we’d be in a better position to refinance long term in 12 months rather than immediately.

There is no way that moshiri is getting 400m for his equity and then they are going to drop 600m to clear the debt (given there has been no mention of debt refinancing in the article).

blown me this 😂🙈🤷🏻

I imagine Burnley fans had a far more enjoyable season in the championship rocking up 101 points playing good attacking football than we did getting beat most weeks in the Premier League as we hung on to 16th playing turgid football.

I suppose its what do you want out of supporting your football club to what opinion you hold of my notion. I have always maintained unless we're winning things or in the conversation of winning things then I have little interest in what league we're in as midtable for midtable sake is dour, boring & repetitive.

That view point often means I am accused of longing only for "oil blood money" or "wanting to win the play offs" when all it means is that I know what is required for EFC to succeed in modern day football. A big takeover is the only opportunity we have to break into the elite.

The likes of Bell & Dowling, MSP, 777 etc. cannot satisfy my aspirations for this once great football club. Thats not to say I wont support whoever comes in because I will, however I have to be honest with my evaluation of each candidates merits and what they bring to the table.

So far, none of the names in the frame particularly excite me, I am hopeful more than anything that the global consortium are a front of some kind for gulf state cash but we will have to see. A lot of stuff being leaked at present, some that is outlandish and confusing like statements on Evertonian millenials etc.

….We’re a founding member of the game in this country, we’ve been in the top flight longer than any club and the PL have failed in their quest to relegate us. I’m proud that we continue to overcome the odds, I’m nearly 68 and the Toffees have been in the top division all of my life. I can’t for one moment understand how any Evertonian would welcome relegation.

Your assumption is it’d be more entertaining but that’s a dangerous assumption given how some clubs have continued to drop.

There isn’t a single part of my Everton upbringing that can relate to you as an Evertonian. Anyway, back to the takeover and hoping we can turn the corner to better times for proper Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back