Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing is tho the Prem would probably take 2 years to pass them.
The Saudi's are desperate to invest money, or sports washing, within the UK or GBP realm. The British are more than happy for them to do it. In my eyes, the PIF/Newcastle situation broke down a lot of barriers so I think a private Saudi investor as part of a consortium would not have any trouble getting passed.

I could be wrong on everything. It's just my opinion.

ok so we know all these have the funds

unlike 777

so why does it have to take ages to be passed

when radcliffe was in weeks?
In August 2022, Ratcliffe expressed interest in buying the Premier League club Manchester United,[40] a team he has supported since childhood.[41] The following January, INEOS announced publicly that it had entered into the formal process of bidding for Manchester United, after the current owners announced it was looking for new investors.[42][43] On 24 December 2023, Manchester United announced that Ratcliffe had acquired a 25 percent stake in the club, marking a significant development, as INEOS Sport assumed control over football operations.[44] The purchase was completed in February 2024

Ratcliffe wasnt weeks.

It took 2 years and 1 month for him to complete the deal.

Feels like this right now...

tumblr_myn2wse8c61t2s2juo1_640.gif

At this point I haven't a clue who would be best for us. I don't have huge hopes for MSP, but they do at least have some experience in managing clubs. Bell/Downing might not be content with just having us exist in the league for safe investor returns but would they make good owners? Manoukian's lot who knows. They say bold things but they might just be wanting a stable, safe piece of the premier league pie like any other investment firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back