Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we get two blues running the show, backed by Dell?

Whom I assume can then throw in a huge shirt sponsorship deal in to inflate profits and provide funds.

£120b eh?
Much that I'm not a fan of US businessmen and their "schemes" getting involved in football ... I'd be comfortable with somebody like Dell, who has founded a sound empire, getting involved. Bring it on!

Not to be that guy or anything I'd be amazed if MSD were to take an active position in the club and in turn bring all the money it has.

Micheal Dell is chairman and CEO of Dell Tech. still so he takes part in day to day business operations. He won't have the time to deal with the guff that Everton brings with it. MSD have lent to many different football clubs in the past, no doubt numerous opportunities have come up to take over sports teams and he / they have not done that.

Not to be that guy or anything I'd be amazed if MSD were to take an active position in the club and in turn bring all the money it has.

Micheal Dell is chairman and CEO of Dell Tech. still so he takes part in day to day business operations. He won't have the time to deal with the guff that Everton brings with it. MSD have lent to many different football clubs in the past, no doubt numerous opportunities have come up to take over sports teams and he / they have not done that.
Not much different than Moshiri then, he doesn’t really have time for us either.

As players compete in empty stadiums, clubs shun flashy signings and once-fat TV revenues shrink, an unlikely new force has emerged in English football: a US firm that invests some of PC pioneer Michael Dell’s fortune.Over the past year, MSD Partners has lent almost £80m to Premier League team Southampton, provided funding for the £200m takeover of rival Burnley and made a loan to Derby County, a historic English club.MSD’s first foray into English football predated the pandemic, but the crisis has helped forge an opportunity for the investment firm as the sport confronts an unprecedented financial crisis and other lenders retreat.

The Premier League, the world’s richest football competition, estimates that every month without fans in stadiums collectively costs English teams £100m.“Clubs need cash and MSD has cash,” said Kieran Maguire, a football finance academic at the University of Liverpool and author of The Price of Football. “Commercial banks won’t touch football clubs. It’s perceived as high risk.”MSD, which recently hired senior Goldman Sachs banker Gregg Lemkau to lead the firm, is not the only financial institution barrelling into the sport.

Private equity firms are trying to buy into Serie A, Italy’s top football division.Founded in 2009, MSD, together with Dell’s family office, manages about $19bn, with investments spanning public equities, real estate, private equity and credit. As well as investing some of Dell’s wealth, it also manages substantial amounts for other investors.Helping bankroll the owners of sports teams is not new to MSD. The firm has counted US National Hockey League clubs the St Louis Blues and the Dallas Stars among its borrowers. In 2017, it was part of the financing for the $1.2bn purchase of baseball team the Miami Marlins by a consortium including Derek Jeter, one of the sport’s most celebrated players.

The boy Dell just lends people money.
Yeah they will just find Bell/Downing in the way they fund other clubs. They won’t be buying us because that would be a conflict

They loan money, they don't typically get involved. No one should get excited at their involvement except that it likely means the end of Moshiri's.

Please let it be the Dell consortium, please......
With bell and downing hopefully also is massive they can get a better management structure in place to take this club forward. Just hope we can get the right deal over the line us blues have been through hell and deserve a takeover to get this club back nsno

LBDgq7B.jpeg

They loan money, they don't typically get involved. No one should get excited at their involvement except that it likely means the end of Moshiri's.
I mean just the mere thought of having competent people in charge is enough to get me excited.

IF they are is TBD, but for now, a plan, the debts put into a manageable pile, thats enough to give me hope for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back