Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be genuinely interested to know why B&D and MSP split off into separate bids.

I wonder where they ever together.

MSP loaned the club 100 mill, Bell and Downing 60 mill.

That 60 mill arrived just after the season ended in 2023, the MSP money in Aug/Sep after R&M scuppered them.

I think Bells company acted as the agent for the MSP loan.

Not sure if they gave the 60 mill and also invested int he MSP fund of 100 mill.

But maybe its possible the two loans are separate, even though they are generally lumped together.

B&D + MSP seem the best of the lot if they combine.

Could convert their debt to equity and add the Sports expertise of MSP to the local business knowledge.

That would leave R&M + 777 as the two debts to restructure.

My guess is that they may disgree on the ownership and senior management structure.
What Sports expertise? their football setup is pretty lame in all honesty, the only team under the umbrella that is doing anything is Augsburg and that is actually not a proper MSP club its linked through Blitzer and a separate holding company, it's sort of an MSP club but sort of isn't, but there hasn't been any sort of splashing the cash or anything there nor at any other of their clubs. At least with 777 they had some proper football people within their setup, who are the football people at MSP for example? I'm just not 100% convinced by them tbh.

Fed up of hearing that someone can borrow from Peter to pay Paul so they can then maybe spend some money.

My tiny mind now just wants someone with actual money, that can clear the debt to all these effective loan sharks and start again.

Manoukian it is then?

Aren't all of them still going to refinance against the stadium though?

Bottom line is with the debt involved, would take a Saudi Prince where money wasn't an object to do that

Rights and Media and Philip Green bleed us dry for 2 decades. Presumably much larger and more reputable lenders would be involved in long term financing (such as Spurs put in place after new stadium build). Critically it would be at lower interest rates and be less of a burden every year.
I suppose without knowing details it would be difficult to say that Dell are somehow more generous than other lenders.

The other thing is that I thought that the PL rules meant that you couldn't leverage the club to get the dough to buy the club - which kind of sounds like the B&D deal.

Is the scaremongering on administration brinkmanship to try and force the PLs hand and also get a good deal for B&D (or whoever).

I suppose without knowing details it would be difficult to say that Dell are somehow more generous than other lenders.

The other thing is that I thought that the PL rules meant that you couldn't leverage the club to get the dough to buy the club - which kind of sounds like the B&D deal.

Is the scaremongering on administration brinkmanship to try and force the PLs hand and also get a good deal for B&D (or whoever).
Its the stadium debt that would be refinanced on a long term loan and it wouldn't be dell doing the lending.

You cant leverage above 65% (I think) and dont forget they also have money invested in the club already that would be converted to equity - so not a loan to be reapid.

What Sports expertise? their football setup is pretty lame in all honesty, the only team under the umbrella that is doing anything is Augsburg and that is actually not a proper MSP club its linked through Blitzer and a separate holding company, it's sort of an MSP club but sort of isn't, but there hasn't been any sort of splashing the cash or anything there nor at any other of their clubs. At least with 777 they had some proper football people within their setup, who are the football people at MSP for example? I'm just not 100% convinced by them tbh.

Player agent
San Diego Padres
Arizona Diamondbacks
Phoenix Suns
McLaren F1
Xgames
Stakes in clubs in Spain and Portugal
ESPN
UEFA

You can hire football people. The experience these guys have in sports finance in particular is what we need in the short term.

Bell and Downing remind me of that old joke from years ago:

Q - 'What's the height of cheek?'

A - 'Knocking on someone's door and asking them if they can sew a shirt on a button".

As far as I can make out they don't have the wherewithal for this gig but they'll cast about for investors to join them - and hand these investors our new stadium as collatoral.

They might have their little helpers amongst the Everton commentariat and on Everton forums pushing their case for them as the 'steady as she goes' candidates, but anyone playing fast and loose with something they don't own, and which is our future, needs to be opposed implacably.

We'll get our ownership sorted out, but it won't be with the help of those two desperadoes.

Player agent
San Diego Padres
Arizona Diamondbacks
Phoenix Suns
McLaren F1
Xgames
Stakes in clubs in Spain and Portugal
ESPN
UEFA

You can hire football people. The experience these guys have in sports finance in particular is what we need in the short term.
Yes I know all of that but they have done nothing with any of the football clubs they have though, that was my point. We will see.

Its the stadium debt that would be refinanced on a long term loan and it wouldn't be dell doing the lending.

You cant leverage above 65% (I think) and dont forget they also have money invested in the club already that would be converted to equity - so not a loan to be reapid.
So, given their lending to the club has been modest (£60m) and they give a bit more to Mosh for his shares - Dell would have to have pay MSP and potentially RMF with the idea that we pay them back (from Evertons coffers over time).

If the Dell family office aren't lending to achieve that, I don't understand who is ?

Anyway, it puts Mosh out of the picture but we are somewhat back where we were with a better stadium.

Yes I know all of that but they have done nothing with any of the football clubs they have though, that was my point. We will see.

They have provided finance. They don't control those clubs. That is what we need. Any thoughts of someone coming in and transforming the football side, at the moment, are misguided imo.

So, given their lending to the club has been modest (£60m) and they give a bit more to Mosh for his shares - Dell would have to have pay MSP and potentially RMF with the idea that we pay them back (from Evertons coffers over time).

If the Dell family office aren't lending to achieve that, I don't understand who is ?

Anyway, it puts Mosh out of the picture but we are somewhat back where we were with a better stadium.
You have to look back at the characters that lent Kenwright to initially get his fingers into Everton and what deal he made with them that kept Everton going back to them time and again - during a period in history of incredibly low interest rates across international markets.

What made Everton FC unique in that in the words of Chairman Bill "that banks wont look at us".

Most US investors believe that the premier league is not fulfulling its potential in terms or revenue generation, thus the queue of US investors trying to buy into it.

With a brand new multi purpose stadium and a team in the most lucrative league in the world then new owners will have options on how the club is financed in the shirt, medium and long term.

My own view is EFC will be sold on once stable.

They have provided finance. They don't control those clubs. That is what we need. Any thoughts of someone coming in and transforming the football side, at the moment, are misguided imo.
No that's quite true, but we need sorting from top to bottom but I do agree the stadium/loans situation is the no1 priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back