Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 245 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
? Who said that?
I read there are legal restrictions due to their investments with 777 who have administrators in and the legal case accusing them of being part of a ponzi scheme. I think it was The Esk who stated that. Love or loathe I think he understands finance.

That would be such a moshiri move after committing to a deal and providing like a year duration to acquire the funds with a obviously sketchy investment group that everyone except moshiri knew it was going to collapse , the ignoramus is on the verge of establishing a deal with 777's shady lender also mired in controversy Is he going to wait a year for them to complete the deal when it inevitably collapses as well? I wish the Renfield of oligarchy would scram and I actually do something beneficial for this club

Hope he’s right though.
Take everything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

He is a biased commentator. It’s interesting he finds negatives about everyone but his friends.

At the end of the day, these may be fronted by Evertonians which is positive but they have lived their lives chasing a pound note and so they are not going to go against all their hard work to throw it away even if there is a passion there. These want to protect their current investment like some of the others plain and simple.

I read there are legal restrictions due to their investments with 777 who have administrators in and the legal case accusing them of being part of a ponzi scheme. I think it was The Esk who stated that. Love or loathe I think he understands finance.
Would love a link that says A cap can’t legally invest its money. Would be quite the read.

Take everything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

He is a biased commentator. It’s interesting he finds negatives about everyone but his friends.

At the end of the day, these may be fronted by Evertonians which is positive but they have lived their lives chasing a pound note and so they are not going to go against all their hard work to throw it away even if there is a passion there. These want to protect their current investment like some of the others plain and simple.

I take everything I read with a pinch of salt mate, I like to read everything, critically analyse it and form a personal opinion, I find all information interesting, but having the ability to discern and think to independently is key, I never understand why people get worked up.

I tend to agree, at the end of the day I don’t think anyone should be naieve no one is investing 100s of millions because they really love their football club or are life long Evertonians (we moan if the kit price goes up by a tenner), if they do they won’t have it for very long, sure there can be a synergy, sure they are prob more aware then dudes in an office in Miami, but the lads will be looking to make money here.

It’s a PR game at the moment, life long Evertonians is the lads angle, All equity is another, Multi Club is another, Saudis Royals, Textor licked us with PR “big club” stuff like we were an ice cream, while we will hear loads of “sleeping giants” - Wouldn’t be falling for any of it - in a game of 100s of millions, making money is your only mistress.

The interesting thing from Paul’s pieces, is the inference again and again if you care to look, of investment above 400 mill, close to 800 mill, also inferring third party investment. He’s inferring the lads have a finance package in place and also a third party investor, they need both I think t be getting anywhere near an 800 mill investment as suggested.

Last edited:

His “where is the rest of the money” argument to discredit Manoukian doesn’t really stand up:

Bell and Downing have never said they have 750m to put in, the amount Paul says is required. It’s just his claim that they do. All they’ve made public is they are borrowing money from Dell.

Likewise, Manoukian has never said he has that, just that there’s 400m in equity to be put in. He has never indicated there won’t also be debt consolidation borrowing.

Quite possibly both bids take a similar shape (say 400m equity and 350m debt) but each has publicised a different element. And actually it makes no sense if B&D have the 400m behind them to have spent the weekend bragging about the loan instead.

Paul can claim all he wants to know that B&D can put in the whole amount needed but just because Manoukian etc haven’t briefed him personally about it doesn’t mean a similar level of funding doesn’t exist and it’s disingenuous for him to suggest it doesn’t.

His “where is the rest of the money” argument to discredit Manoukian doesn’t really stand up:

Bell and Downing have never said they have 750m to put in, the amount Paul says is required. It’s just his claim that they do. All they’ve made public is they are borrowing money from Dell.

Likewise, Manoukian has never said he has that, just that there’s 400m in equity to be put in. He has never indicated there won’t also be debt consolidation borrowing.

Quite possibly both bids take a similar shape (say 400m equity and 350m debt) but each has publicised a different element. And actually it makes no sense if B&D have the 400m behind them to have spent the weekend bragging about the loan instead.

Paul can claim all he wants to know that B&D can put in the whole amount needed but just because Manoukian etc haven’t briefed him personally about it doesn’t mean a similar level of funding doesn’t exist and it’s disingenuous for him to suggest it doesn’t.

See this is the thing mate, no party has said anything - they are all spinning an angle, so it becomes what media source you believe or what PR angle you like. It’s a battle for leverage and fans hearts and minds,

It’s pretty obvious, buttons are being pushed publicity wise, in the media and social media by all. Paul likely a case in point.

I find his suggestions though, very frank and very bold compared to say a vague “all equity” bid.

Interesting is all, is that he’s so specific as to talk numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.