Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he and his family/ companies take over I will be honest I got give a fig what he does with his time or money or what his policies on the environment are,just make Everton something again.

Ffs. Can multiclub models and anyone from the US heading a "scheme" please be banned from football.

BBC News - Friedkin Group agrees deal for Everton takeover
Multi club ownership should have been oppposed more vigorously by the authorities from the outset.
They devalue the sport and further erode the sporting integrity of the game.
If multi - club ownership is allowed to grow , we will be supporting international conglomerates rather than our local football team.
It is vital that such models are prevented from entering multiple teams into competitions.

Not without good reason.

Look at what's being mooted here if Roma is the template. That model cant work here.
I’m sure your experience and business skills and understanding of corporate takeovers is the foundation of all of your concerns.

Thanks for making us all aware.

Multi club ownership should have been oppposed more vigorously by the authorities from the outset.
They devalue the sport and further erode the sporting integrity of the game.
If multi - club ownership is allowed to grow , we will be supporting international conglomerates rather than our local football team.
It is vital that such models are prevented from entering multiple teams into competitions.
There`s rules not allowing clubs with same owners playing in the same competition, and as soon as that situation arises with city and utd, they find a way around it. I think they have said that they will get rid of their Lyon and Girona interest, but in citys case anyway rules are for others to abide by.

Not without good reason.

Look at what's being mooted here if Roma is the template. That model cant work here.

Because of the scouts we have? Isn't one of the basic principles of the multi-club model to share certain resources such as scouting and so on?

So basically, he will be rocking up with a floppy disk and a scrap book at least, you'd think, of players looked at by Roma. As well as being able to sound out their scouts at any given minute of the working day.

At the very least, it would shake up our recruitment and scouting drive, no?

I guess they'd have a "Football group" director who would camp himself at the main club, and each of the other clubs would have DoF/Sporting Director or whatever they want to call themselves reporting into him.

All a bit moot if he sells Roma to the Saudis anyway.
Didn't know that was on the cards. Surely that's not to fund the Everton purchase?

Because of the scouts we have? Isn't one of the basic principles of the multi-club model to share certain resources such as scouting and so on?

So basically, he will be rocking up with a floppy disk and a scrap book at least, you'd think, of players looked at by Roma. As well as being able to sound out their scouts at any given minute of the working day.

At the very least, it would shake up our recruitment and scouting drive, no?
You’d hope, but he’s just sacked their previous DOF Tiago Pinto and replaced with some up and coming French fella, so I don’t think they have that floppy disk or scrap book just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back