Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
….i suppose the detail will come out soon, although it seems (from Roma fan posts) that Friedkin isn’t much of a public communicator. Might still be a bit of conjecture, rumours and smoke and mirrors.

Probably worth its own thread now.
He'll fit right in here: hired 3 managers in 4 years.

I know as evertonians we are now ingrained with negativity and pessimism. What can go wrong will go wrong, and that the only way out is if Jeff Bezos buys us with promises of buying the finest squad on the planet.
But the truth is we need to operate as a business with financial limitations to adhere to.
Surely these guys tick most of the boxes for a brighter future

I know as evertonians we are now ingrained with negativity and pessimism. What can go wrong will go wrong, and that the only way out is if Jeff Bezos buys us with promises of buying the finest squad on the planet.
But the truth is we need to operate as a business with financial limitations to adhere to.
Surely these guys tick most of the boxes for a brighter future

They're here to cream a profit off Everton.

Can people just accept that.

The only question is how much they exploit fans along the way.

If it wasn’t for the vici thing coming out the night before this friedkin bid became serious I think it would’ve been more positively received last night.

The only possible objection on face value is that we’d be one of two big clubs and some feeling we’d be second fiddle but I do think the premier league trumps all because of the insane amounts of money going into it.

The fact that Roma were being horribly mismanaged and he came and stabilised them, bought exciting players, won an trophy and is universally praised by their fan base is very very positive.

The positive is that hes had 4 seasons experience at Roma. Recenly decided to appoint a 40 year old manager & a new DOF to target younger players.

If the strategy is similar with us then thats positive. I do feel if we are making sales then we need him in before the end of the window to green light some moves.

….i suppose the detail will come out soon, although it seems (from Roma fan posts) that Friedkin isn’t much of a public communicator. Might still be a bit of conjecture, rumours and smoke and mirrors.

Probably worth its own thread now.
It would make a nice change to have an owner who just employed competent people to run the business and football side of things, and didn't feel the need for self aggrandisement.

They're here to cream a profit off Everton.

Can people just accept that.

The only question is how much they exploit fans along the way.
So it is for any would be interested party.
The draw for most of these guys is the new stadium, not our incredible squad of players.

So it is for any would be interested party.
The draw for most of these guys is the new stadium, not our incredible squad of players.

I don't see the model they'll apparently adopt as working here.

We're a bad fit for each other. That's the way it looks to me.

Who are we likely to have on the board with these spivs coming in?

….no idea but his business is already registered here and he’s a keen conservationist;

IMG_9426.webp

IMG_9425.jpeg

There’s a lot of negativity on here but at the end of the day we simply don’t know how any of the prospective new owners will pan out. At least this one have experience in running a top football club. I highly doubt Roma will be the top priority, if anything it will be the other way around, most likely we’ll be viewed equally.
If they take over we need to get behind them and start positively. Judge them by their actions and not condemn them before they even start.
That's not the GOT way ! :lol:

It would make a nice change to have an owner who just employed competent people to run the business and football side of things, and didn't feel the need for self aggrandisement.
At Roma he installed his two sons.

Does nepotism usually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back