Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the manager or DoF buy the players?

Who appoints the DOF that appoints the manager and signs the players?

Roma now have a former player as manager and a 'new' French DOF who will be targeting young players including Frenchies.

It may be that finally the ownership has learned.

Let’s be honest, until anything is signed on paper he’ll continue being his usual untrustworthy self. Doubt anyone would be surprised if he 180d from Friedkin. Bill would be proud of the soap opera way he conducts business.

Now I like Friedkin, he's a savvy businessman, but if he buys Everton and tries to land his plane at Finch Farm, while the kiddies are training, I'll say "Oi, Friedkin, No !!!... "

hqdefault.jpg

Said many times that you can’t judge Thelwell until he has money to actually do the job. Let him take chances on unknown young players. Get the established players he wants in as opposed to taking players where clubs allow you to pay on the never never

If the squad is the same or worse then Dyche is a no brainer but if we get creative and sign good players on 2 year loans with obligation to buy like the Italians do and keep Branthwaite then take a chance on a more progressive manager

Kind of agree but who.

I actually think Dyche deserves a crack with a proper football operation in charge.

I also think we need to rid ourselves, as a football club, of this culture of rip it up and start again internally and externally.

For me, you keep both at least one more year.

I genuinely am not being clever but looking at other managerial posts this summer, their isn't anyone I'd take whom is realistic.

If it wasn’t for the vici thing coming out the night before this friedkin bid became serious I think it would’ve been more positively received last night.

The only possible objection on face value is that we’d be one of two big clubs and some feeling we’d be second fiddle but I do think the premier league trumps all because of the insane amounts of money going into it.

The fact that Roma were being horribly mismanaged and he came and stabilised them, bought exciting players, won an trophy and is universally praised by their fan base is very very positive.

Actually, he didn't sell our best players.

Since he took over, his strategy has been rather conservative. Under the previous management, we worked more or less like Leipzig. With good results - Champions League semifinal, second and third places in Serie A - until Monchi was hired as DoF. Yes, the guy who's now in charge of Aston Villa. He's been awful for us. In 2 years he got all the transfers wrong while making massive debt. Our strategy was completely based on value rise "buy low sell high", but in just 2 years of bad management it was over.

Friedkin has tried to do something very different, bringing Dybala and Lukaku. Yes, Mourinho was overall a bad choice. It wasn't going to work with FFP rules to comply with. Yet somehow it partially worked in Europe. Now they have announced they'll focus on young players to develop and have changed DoF again. The fact is, Friedkin has money and respect for European football but... he's still from the US. :)

He obviously lacks proper understanding of the game. He's learning by trial and error. Nobody would have hired Mourinho with a team to rebuild. Mourinho is someone you call when the team is ready to win. But I can say...the apprenticeship has not been so bad for us. We see potential.

Outside the pitch...only good things. Commercial revenue has gone up, he has revamped the stadium project by changing location...

And to be fair he won a European trophy and reached a UEL final and 2 semifinals while...moving in the wrong direction. We're all wondering what he can do when he finally goes the right way. And we hope with De Rossi he'll start soon.

Schick, Defrel, Dzeko, Veretout, Ibanez and Kluivert seemed decent for you...not top class but good players for you?

Many others sold include youngsters to Ajax etc. It does seem youre turning a corner now with Doue linked. He could do a job for us too.

You must be excited with the legendary manager and new DOF joining. Hopefully now a corner can be turned.

The first option

Not sure I agree. You don't agree to a minium 500m investment without knowing what you are buying and what skeletons are in the closet.

For me it's a period of exclusivity being that Moshiri isn't allowed to deal with anyone else whilst the bidder gets through the approval procedures, finance signed off etc. Penalties in situ etc.

Also, for those worried about being second to Roma, they’ve won three leagues in their whole history but they’ve won a European cup, uefa cup and Europa league too so to me it’s like saying we’d always be second fiddle to notts forest :)

Yeah but atleast there is finally a takeover on the cards...

I admit I don't know anything about the bloke, but we are finally selling our club to a man who is already in the football business and knows how to run a club.
He isn't coming to purchase the Stadium, he want's the club.

Maybe I just need this over and done with, but I think he could end up being the right man.
He just sacked 'The Special One' so he's got his head screwed on.

Wouldn't complain if he loaned us 'Abraham' aswell..

We have a list that keeps expanding like Woodworms coming out the wall, are they even real and if so 'Who The Hell Are They' 🤷‍♂️
this man has atleast been in the football club ownership for a while now and has improved the club he owns.

I want/need this all done soon, so there is no complaints on 'Friedkin' from me. ( Especially coming from 777 )

I don't want to be no 2nd club though !!!
We will inevitably be the second club in his portfolio. But at least we'll be ahead of that small French club he owns.

Great.

….i suppose the detail will come out soon, although it seems (from Roma fan posts) that Friedkin isn’t much of a public communicator. Might still be a bit of conjecture, rumours and smoke and mirrors.

Probably worth its own thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back