Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you read into the Friedkin Group they are very wealthy and they seem to have done a very good job with Roma so far. There are a few Mourinho fans who dislike Dan Friedkin but Jose Mourinho has divided the fanbases of every club he’s managed. I think they have potential to be very good owners & at least they will be able to sort us out financially, an annual pre season trip to Roma wouldn’t be bad either, just hope their fans don’t wanna fight.

When you read into the Friedkin Group they are very wealthy and they seem to have done a very good job with Roma so far. There are a few Mourinho fans who dislike Dan Friedkin but Jose Mourinho has divided the fanbases of every club he’s managed. I think they have potential to be very good owners & at least they will be able to sort us out financially, an annual pre season trip to Roma wouldn’t be bad either, just hope their fans don’t wanna fight.
How can we fight with are brothers?

Kisses and cuddles all round

Hopefully they get the kopites in europa at some point and we can all meet up and smash them

I get your point BUT we play in the most popular and richest league in the world. Would be much easier to significantly increase our revenues compared to Roma. Granted, getting into European competition, particularly the Champions League, will be more difficult with us but he stands a chance of making more money over the long term.

All that being said, I suspect he will sell Roma if the Saudi interest is genuine.
Hey mate, thanks for a measured reply 😊. I’ve been thinking about this and actually in the short to medium term him keeping Roma as the main team will suit us. If we get young hungry players bought in with a view (to start with) of them being moved to Roma when they are fully ready what a refreshing change of pace for us. Couple this with a period of stability and finally some decent commercial management we have every opportunity (with the stadium, being premier league etc.) to slowly become the big enchilada in his portfolio.

I’m not one of these that think “We own a brand new stadium so we are automatically the plum pick” because the truth is it will be the results on the pitch and maintaining our premier league status that dictates everything else. We wouldn’t be the first club to have a brand new stadium and end up tumbling down the leagues. It would then go from a massive positive to a millstone around our necks.

But I’m actually a lot more positive this morning, the thought of up and coming players being bought in is exciting (especially when currently we are renewing contracts for the likes of Young etc.) I’m envisioning the pace, power and directness that we have been starved of.

This isn’t going to be a quick fix and we will need some patience, but if it is the Roma guy then he has the experience to first stabilize, grow and then with our natural advantages eventually become the jewel in his crown.

Of course, in the bigger picture I actually don’t like multi club models as it’s crap on some of them especially the fans but in our case it could actually be what we need and I’m at the point where when it comes to suffering for our club we’ve paid our dues so bring on the sunshine.

Is he going to be selling our best players as he seems to have done with you?

Or do you think he will try and build a good squad over time if hes finally looking at investing in yourh with Roma.

Just the transfer business alone looks poor and that may be due to Mourinho but the president chose that strategy.
Actually, he didn't sell our best players.

Since he took over, his strategy has been rather conservative. Under the previous management, we worked more or less like Leipzig. With good results - Champions League semifinal, second and third places in Serie A - until Monchi was hired as DoF. Yes, the guy who's now in charge of Aston Villa. He's been awful for us. In 2 years he got all the transfers wrong while making massive debt. Our strategy was completely based on value rise "buy low sell high", but in just 2 years of bad management it was over.

Friedkin has tried to do something very different, bringing Dybala and Lukaku. Yes, Mourinho was overall a bad choice. It wasn't going to work with FFP rules to comply with. Yet somehow it partially worked in Europe. Now they have announced they'll focus on young players to develop and have changed DoF again. The fact is, Friedkin has money and respect for European football but... he's still from the US. :)

He obviously lacks proper understanding of the game. He's learning by trial and error. Nobody would have hired Mourinho with a team to rebuild. Mourinho is someone you call when the team is ready to win. But I can say...the apprenticeship has not been so bad for us. We see potential.

Outside the pitch...only good things. Commercial revenue has gone up, he has revamped the stadium project by changing location...

And to be fair he won a European trophy and reached a UEL final and 2 semifinals while...moving in the wrong direction. We're all wondering what he can do when he finally goes the right way. And we hope with De Rossi he'll start soon.

I would snap Friedkins hand off.

He's done well at Roma.

He's not an ethnostate.

You can't win Serie A without massive debt.

He's kept Roma solid in the league and excellent in Europe plus they have Dybala. Even better than James.

Interesting question. No idea to be honest.
I guess they'd have a "Football group" director who would camp himself at the main club, and each of the other clubs would have DoF/Sporting Director or whatever they want to call themselves reporting into him.

All a bit moot if he sells Roma to the Saudis anyway.

Paul Joyce has just stated in an article that £200 million has to be paid up before exclusivity is granted, one to pay off MSP and £30 million for working capital for the club, it's also mentioned which isn't surprising he had told another group that they would be granted exclusivity twice no less

If Moshiri can attract Carlo and James with the promise of funding and the new stadium I’m sure a competent owner can do it here with only one season before the new ground is reality. We’re on the up if this guy comes in, current bullshit premier league financial rules aside.
I still have it in my head that Carlo will come back for our first season at Bramley Moore...

:blush:

Paul Joyce has just stated in an article that £200 million has to be paid up before exclusivity is granted, one to pay off MSP and £30 million for working capital for the club, it's also mentioned which isn't surprising he had told another group that they would be granted exclusivity twice no less

And this is a big issue, Moshiri is a massive bellend who can't be trusted to give anyone a straight answer.

So whilst he's still around, there is time for it all to go tits up and leave us in an even bigger mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back