Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t help but feel the problem here is that all this gets played out through the media a million times over. Keep it quiet and everything feels a lot better for everyone. Just giving the media more opportunities to EvertonBash.

All the speculation and doom mongering is worse than any reality for its effect on the club and its ability to do business. Getting pretty sick of reading about it all.

Agreed but sadly it will continue for a while yet.
We also have a big PSR risk hanging over the club (loan interest treatment).

Agreed but sadly it will continue for a while yet.
We also have a big PSR risk hanging over the club (loan interest treatment).
Ironic now that PSR is the least of our worries. That’s how badly mismanaged we have been in the last eight years. Thanks you BK for brining him to the club after Green left and thank you Moshiri for being an imbecile.

I hope the nationwide press and pundits now understood why we clamouring for a change of Board / Ownership….we are in a situation that now reflects the sum efforts (or lack thereof) in the last eight years.

Is there any precedent for a club owner to "escrow" their equity and entrust the management of the club to a trustee board? I'm not talking about an administration scenario here. Probably not I'm guessing. There was the Chelsea situation where they were between owners, but then they could hardly do anything in the way of decision making if I recall.

Everything points to a protracted legal issue here that could take years to unravel. We face serious issues with debt interest and funding working capital. Our better players will be sold and if it isn't the financial noose that will strangle us eventually, it will be falling through the relegation trap door.

I read that the TFG loan matures in 12 months and 777/A-Cap in two years. I wasn't aware that the 777 monies were given to Everton through RMF.

I don't think the club can take two or more years of this really. If Moshiri now stands to get nothing at all, whats in this process for him? He can't /won't fund the club. People say he'll get nothing in administration but isn't he getting nothing anyway now surely?

Couldn't we at least have a board that would inspire some confidence and relative stability.

It just all adds up to a tightening noose in a lengthening limbo. Whom amongst our creditors will call in their debt? You couldn't see it happening.

I don't see TFG as being out of the picture completely. £200m is a huge commitment when they would have known the issues in advance, if not the full extent of them. So they are part of the equation now.

Both Inter and AC Milan were taken over by creditors eventually. In AC Milan's case, they (Elliott Group) appear to have done a more than competent job before selling on. Perhaps there is some level of negotiation ultimately on the haircut for A Cap that TFG would tolerate, particularly if others would join them in taking an equity stake.

I think that the Friedkin group may still take control and possibly maybe Andy Bell taking a smaller shareholding to help spread the risk.

Even though the period of exclusivity is gone that doesn't stop negotiations.
Bell is an actuary. He’s not going to use his own money to spread anyone else’s risk for them.

Is there any precedent for a club owner to "escrow" their equity and entrust the management of the club to a trustee board? I'm not talking about an administration scenario here. Probably not I'm guessing. There was the Chelsea situation where they were between owners, but then they could hardly do anything in the way of decision making if I recall.

Everything points to a protracted legal issue here that could take years to unravel. We face serious issues with debt interest and funding working capital. Our better players will be sold and if it isn't the financial noose that will strangle us eventually, it will be falling through the relegation trap door.

I read that the TFG loan matures in 12 months and 777/A-Cap in two years. I wasn't aware that the 777 monies were given to Everton through RMF.

I don't think the club can take two or more years of this really. If Moshiri now stands to get nothing at all, whats in this process for him? He can't /won't fund the club. People say he'll get nothing in administration but isn't he getting nothing anyway now surely?

Couldn't we at least have a board that would inspire some confidence and relative stability.

It just all adds up to a tightening noose in a lengthening limbo. Whom amongst our creditors will call in their debt? You couldn't see it happening.

I don't see TFG as being out of the picture completely. £200m is a huge commitment when they would have known the issues in advance, if not the full extent of them. So they are part of the equation now.

Both Inter and AC Milan were taken over by creditors eventually. In AC Milan's case, they (Elliott Group) appear to have done a more than competent job before selling on. Perhaps there is some level of negotiation ultimately on the haircut for A Cap that TFG would tolerate, particularly if others would join them in taking an equity stake.
This is what I didn’t understand as to why this happened but it wasn’t expanded on the podcast. Why would 777/A-Cap lend Us money indirectly via RMF ?

This is what I didn’t understand as to why this happened but it wasn’t expanded on the podcast. Why would 777/A-Cap lend Us money indirectly via RMF ?

Nor me. I would have thought that this would have meant a lesser problem for Everton per se, but I'm just a layman.

As much as anything else, it appears that the problems generate from the bad smell of this transaction

Although I was also curious to learn if correct, that Friedkin wanted a haircut of 25p to the pound on the A-Cap / 777 loan.

If thats true, they can't have walked away over that solely. It must come down to the legal advice they've received.

Nor me. I would have thought that this would have meant a lesser problem for Everton per se, but I'm just a layman.

As much as anything else, it appears that the problems generate from the bad smell of this transaction

Although I was also curious to learn if correct, that Friedkin wanted a haircut of 25p to the pound on the A-Cap / 777 loan.

If thats true, they can't have walked away over that solely. It must come down to the legal advice they've received.
I wonder if that’s been the issue….wanted a haircut but the presence of RMF has maybe scuppered that plan. From a public domain perspective, we all knew of the loan from 777, their perilous position and the litigation with A-Cap but I t think it was public knowledge that RMF were in the mix. I would slightly counter by saying however if RMF in the mix, where do they sit any potential criminal POCA action if it comes to that?

I wonder if that’s been the issue….wanted a haircut but the presence of RMF has maybe scuppered that plan. From a public domain perspective, we all knew of the loan from 777, their perilous position and the litigation with A-Cap but I t think it was public knowledge that RMF were in the mix. I would slightly counter by saying however if RMF in the mix, where do they sit any potential criminal POCA action if it comes to that?

Was thinking the same myself. Either way, all we've got is uncertainty = more problems.

Will we have new ownership by the time the stadium is completed? - I'd say not.

Anything longer than that timescale represents a big problem for us. More than it already is.

Any football fan who desires American ownership are enemies of the sport.

Soon as there are over 14 US owned clubs - be changes to relegation, 39th PL game overseas, hotdogs and parades at HT.

Leveraged buyouts etc.

Not for me.

Steer clear of any more US bidders Moshiri, 4 have already messed you about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back