Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW i started watching at 35mins in.

Thats an absolutely EPIC experience. One in a lifetime stuff.

Imagine if he did that for Everton, Botofogo and Lyon fans.

Comes across like an easy going guy and looking at the Lyon spending this window €100mil+ hes clearly keen to make a mark.

Well spotted and thanks for sharing ;)

Makes perfect sense for him to re-submit the same bid. The higher bidder walked away.

He will have done due diligence i suspect, but that would be a general DD overview based on public information.

If Moshiri does what he always does, then i suspect Textor will be asked to PAY OFF either R&M or 777 (ACAP perhaps but funds held in escrow or something) before he can enter into exclusivity.

At that point will the books be opened.
That was, indeed, a once in a lifetime experience for the kid and made up for him. But what stuns me is that for someone who holds a British passport but who has never been out of England he sounds more like someone who has never been to England never mind be able to pick us out on a map 😜 I guess their are now dialects within regional dialects especially in big cosmopolitan cities

As for Textor, he does come across as a very amiable guy, one who embraces the limelight and exudes passion. The total polar opposite of Moshiri who simply comes across as anal and someone who always looks to be outside his comfort zone.

That was, indeed, a once in a lifetime experience for the kid and made up for him. But what stuns me is that for someone who holds a British passport but who has never been out of England he sounds more like someone who has never been to England never mind be able to pick us out on a map 😜 I guess their are now dialects within regional dialects especially in big cosmopolitan cities

As for Textor, he does come across as a very amiable guy, one who embraces the limelight and exudes passion. The total polar opposite of Moshiri who simply comes across as anal and someone who always looks to be outside his comfort zone.

Out of the various parties linked over time, Friedkin for me is the standout one I'd want, of the rest Textor is probably second - the caveat being he likely doesn't have enough money by himself so a lot would be dependant on who he brought in board with him, as you figure he'd be heading up a consortium or at least being heavily aided by a silent partner in the takeover.

My gut feeling is still that Friedkin will end up owning us though, think we have a few more twists to this never ending saga of moshiri to go....

Not having this Textor fella. Made too much noise publicly.

Seems like a tyre kicker.
Maybe he is. Maybe making the same offer again means he has a valuation and is sticking to it and is prepared to walk if someone else is preferred but also thinks his valuation is still good business to try again.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Usmanov is back before Moshiri bungles a sale over the line.

Textor hasn’t got the money to buy us we would have to wait for 777 legal case to be resolved first to see where we stand before any takeover negotiations can take place maybe when it is sorted we can move forward

Out of the various parties linked over time, Friedkin for me is the standout one I'd want, of the rest Textor is probably second - the caveat being he likely doesn't have enough money by himself so a lot would be dependant on who he brought in board with him, as you figure he'd be heading up a consortium or at least being heavily aided by a silent partner in the takeover.

My gut feeling is still that Friedkin will end up owning us though, think we have a few more twists to this never ending saga of moshiri to go....
I think you may well be right 🤞but, of course, they still have to pass the @davek due diligence test. No mean feat given his past summations.

Not having this Textor fella. Made too much noise publicly.

Seems like a tyre kicker.
Think Textor is unfairly being looked at as some unserious guy. He’s successfully completed deals for four clubs already, and it’s clear there’s money there as Lyon in particular weren’t cheap. IF he can find a solution for his Palace shares (and guys like him are where they are because they find ways to make things happen) he’s a very serious candidate.

His Eagle vehicle is more than just him as gobby frontman too, some serious people involved at exec and board levels.

I just want competent leadership. Is that too much to ask?

I am not concerned if we cannot attract the richest owner in the world. I just want somebody who runs us well, improves us, and makes us a credible Premier League outfit again. If they want to sell up then to the richest kleptocrats on the planet, so be it. But, for now, an owner who can tie his laces, doesn't have two pencils stuck up his nose, or own Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat, would be much appreciated.

I just want competent leadership. Is that too much to ask?

I am not concerned if we cannot attract the richest owner in the world. I just want somebody who runs us well, improves us, and makes us a credible Premier League outfit again. If they want to sell up then to the richest kleptocrats on the planet, so be it. But, for now, an owner who can tie his laces, doesn't have two pencils stuck up his nose, or own Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat, would be much appreciated.
Both Friedkin and Textor would fall into that category of an owner with an actual functioning brain.

Textor hasn’t got the money to buy us we would have to wait for 777 legal case to be resolved first to see where we stand before any takeover negotiations can take place maybe when it is sorted we can move forward
I don’t believe the 777 case actually prevents people from buying us, it complicates things for sure, but it certainly does not prevent somebody who wants to buy us from actually buying us.

I don’t believe the 777 case actually prevents people from buying us, it complicates things for sure, but it certainly does not prevent somebody who wants to buy us from actually buying us.
I don't understand what the problem is with the case against 777.
If we as club borrow money from what ever source and the lender is then found to have obtained funds by dubious means why is that our problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back