Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

I'd like people to explain to me why Sean Dyche and people at the club are constantly talking about our fans?

Rather than focusing on their own jobs

Why are they at the club constantly trying to tell us all what to think?

17 August 2024

24 August 2024

Maybe because the fans expectations are unreasonable given our recent history.
Most at the club that make these statements in recent history have no real connection to our actual history where our expectations could be justified.

Can you elaborate on that Dave? I'm not sure I follow

I'm concerned we yet again are seeing people in the club trying to dictate what we all think.

Seem to be talking about us all, alot don't they?
Dyche is right to suggest what he suggests: a volatile fanbase compared with a lot of clubs.

As long as he isn't insulting in doing it it's a legitimate call to make.

….i don’t think there’s much doubt about how much our fans care about their club, you only have to see the extent of traffic on this site to understand that. They are likely to get angry quickly, they are likely to look for somebody to blame. In that respect, I think we are different to most other clubs, Evertonians have been through it badly.

Dyche is managing expectation, the fans are analysing his every word to stick the knife in more.

The important thing (for me) is he doesn’t lose the dressing room. Let’s get 10 league games out of the way, that’s usually a good reflection of where the team is at.

Dyche is right to suggest what he suggests: a volatile fanbase compared with a lot of clubs.

As long as he isn't insulting in doing it it's a legitimate call to make.

I'm not sure it's right for anyone at the club to be telling fans what they should think

We had 20 years of that under Kenwright. With his own propaganda ministry at the club

I think the excessive focus on and talking about the fans needs to stop. People at the club don't dictate what the fans think

We keep hearing fans this and fans that ....

….i don’t think there’s much doubt about how much our fans care about their club, you only have to see the extent of traffic on this site to understand that. They are likely to get angry quickly, they are likely to look for somebody to blame. In that respect, I think we are different to most other clubs, Evertonians have been through it badly.

Dyche is managing expectation, the fans are analysing his every word to stick the knife in more.

The important thing (for me) is he doesn’t lose the dressing room. Let’s get 10 league games out of the way, that’s usually a good reflection of where the team is at.

I can understand the point of view. My concern is once you let the clubs employees or owners start telling you what to think, or proxies like Alan Myers. They think they can do it all the time

They did it before and they're doing it again. All the focus is on the fans and what they think 🤷‍♂️

No one at the club had the right to tell fans what to think. People at the club need to perform. That's their job

It's not a new observation and not necessarily a bad thing.

Lee Carsley, in an interview with one of the many Everton podcasts, reflected that he observed the tendency for Evertonians to call things as they are. Perhaps moreso than at other clubs. He liked it as a player, felt that you knew where you stood. If the team played crap, they'd let you know. If you were great, ditto.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back