Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

I'd like people to explain to me why Sean Dyche and people at the club are constantly talking about our fans?

Rather than focusing on their own jobs

Why are they at the club constantly trying to tell us all what to think?

17 August 2024

24 August 2024

Damo - are you as dense as you sound by starting a thread complaining bout the manager complaining about the fans?

He's responding to direct questions.

Yet, he's actively engaging in answering them and making it about "the fans"

This isn't the first time people at the club have done this when things aren't going right. I'm not talking about Dyche there either. Making it about "the fans"

The fans aren't doing this. The fans should do this. Etc etc

Plus other stuff.

Because our fans are the biggest bedwetters in the country.

They'll protest Moshiri one minute then ignore the damage he's done by demanding a top half finish for a squad that is one injury away in any position for a 39 year old to come in.

It's an unfathomable shock to our fans that we lost to two teams who've spent £200m and £120-odd million this summer without either losing a first team player.

View attachment 270430
‘They’ not ‘we’ ay chuckles ?

Yet, he's actively engaging in answering them and making it about "the fans"

This isn't the first time people at the club have done this when things aren't going right. I'm not talking about Dyche there either.

He was asked was it disillusioning to see fans leave.

He either says yes, no, or no comment.

Either way he has to make comment on fans for that question.

He said it's expected when we're crap. Which is fair enough.

He's doing what Moyes does in spades and is trying to downplay expectations and acknowledge reality that we are - IMO, relegation fodder.

He thinks, IMO, that Goodisons last season and the noise and expectation around that risks being a noose to a team who need to sit deep and protect the point.

He's responding to direct questions.
Yes. There’s clearly a desire from the media to get a sound bite that will engage the fans, as there always is.

I’m not convinced he’s handling it very well, though. The tone of his response last week was ill advised - I interpreted it as a dig back at the fans after they’d booed his Holgate sub - and him pulling Europe as an unreasonable fan expectation out of thin air yesterday was just baffling.

In general, he’s seemed on the defensive as far as his relationship with the fans goes - “I haven’t got a problem with the fans,” is the kind of thing you hear, as opposed to him welcoming support in a more overt way.

Maybe he’s finding it hard to adjust to a fanbase that’s less enamoured of him than Burnley’s.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back