Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

You get them clickbait/silly social accounts loving to spin quotes without context too.

I think he knows we're in a very bad way this season. Fans will start to realise we haven't done what we needed in the window. Too much hope and expectation was pinned on NDiaye an Lindstrom.

This is a very good point.

I realised it yesterday, we're bad.

Dont think the players have yet.

Big prediction that he's sacked by end of September.

The feller saved our arses twice in 20 months...and got no new contract offer from the 'board' and now faces being pilloried by fans.

What a 'kin world.

He got multiple million pound bonuses for those saves. He's already the 6th highest paid manager in the PL. How much more do you want to give him when you know we're skint?

To his credit, Dyche has always been candid.

He's had a few pops at the club.

From day one he said he wouldn't be here if it hadn't been chaotic.

After Bournemouth he said the club need to get a grip to avoid being in the same boat.

After last season he said if no takeover he's left juggling sand.

The Europe shout is weird and needs nipping in the bud. I figure its just an exaggeration to say "hang on, we are where we are" - which is what I've spent all summer saying. I've been called a miserable sod etc but I just didn't understand how/why so many felt NDiaye an Lindstrom would take a team averaging 41 points for 3 years to anything else.

Interesting points. He (Dyche) then does need to stop talking about the fans and be clear to the media, he's not going to talk about the fans

As it's coming across entirely the wrong way to: the fans

He should be making it clear that the takeover issues are causing him issues and he should be telling fans, that we will make a slow start this season but we will "kick on" (a phrase they like to use)

Otherwise he's standing there looking like a man without a plan

That isn't something any Evertonian will accept.

If others at the club are the issue, he's better saying so. The fans will deal with them.

Brighton had 2 new players starting against us wasn’t it, Spurs 1.
Only three clubs — Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers — fielded more than one new signing from the outset. More clubs — Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest — started with an entire side who were at the club in 2023-24.

Players get eased into new sides. I know the bedwetters don't want to believe it but it happens.

You get them clickbait/silly social accounts loving to spin quotes without context too.

I think he knows we're in a very bad way this season. Fans will start to realise we haven't done what we needed in the window. Too much hope and expectation was pinned on NDiaye an Lindstrom.

If fans can't attach hope to two new attacking signings, that we don't even get to see, then they should never have been signed in the first place.

That's the whole point of making signings.

Hes not totally blameless.

Lets get that straight.

But yes, he will pay the price for the mess above him.
Last season Guardiola wouldn't have kept Everton up with this squad and two points deductions.

Time some fans recognised that accomplishment and had some respect instead of whingeing like kids.

Only three clubs — Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers — fielded more than one new signing from the outset. More clubs — Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest — started with an entire side who were at the club in 2023-24.

Players get eased into new sides. I know the bedwetters don't want to believe it but it happens.

We started yesterday's game with more new players than Spurs did (2 to their 1)

We started last week's game with one less new player than Brighton (1 to their 2) - whom also did lose a first team player (Gross)

Why does the below quote matter with these sides?

It's an unfathomable shock to our fans that we lost to two teams who've spent £200m and £120-odd million this summer without either losing a first team player.

Yourr posts are all over the spot this morning.

Interesting points. He (Dyche) then does need to stop talking about the fans and be clear to the media, he's not going to talk about the fans

As it's coming across entirely the wrong way to: the fans

He should be making it clear that the takeover issues are causing him issues and he should be telling fans, that we will make a slow start this season but we will "kick on" (a phrase they like to use)

Otherwise he's standing there looking like a man without a plan

That isn't something any Evertonian will accept.

If others at the club are the issue, he's better saying so. The fans will deal with them.

The fans should know it, really.

We've all lived through it.

A manager highlighting/reaffirming were a basketcase probably doesn't help anything.

Things like saying if no takeover were juggling sand.

Things like recognising relegation fodder for 3 years sell more than they buy, will remain relegation fodder.

I found fan expectation really odd this summer. Sure, try an be optimistic but cmon - I've read all summer things like "this team will be nowhere near relegation" to which I've regularly interjected with "why? Have you seen Lindstrom or NDiaye play? Are they that good"?!

If fans can't attach hope to two new attacking signings, that we don't even get to see, then they should never have been signed in the first place.

That's the whole point of making signings.

Whole point of making signings is to improve the team.

This window we've sold more than we've brought in. As we have the two summers before that.

A team that was relegation fodder, having to make more money than they spent for 3 summer windows.

Big prediction that he's sacked by end of September.

The feller saved our arses twice in 20 months...and got no new contract offer from the 'board' and now faces being pilloried by fans.

What a 'kin world.
Not exactly saved us. If he was a better manager we would never have been near going down either season but his negativity has cost us. Yesterday was an expected loss an I predicted 4-0 an it came true

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back