Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

Whole point of making signings is to improve the team.

This window we've sold more than we've brought in. As we have the two summers before that.

A team that was relegation fodder, having to make more money than they spent for 3 summer windows.

I mean yes, but that's what hope is, hope that they improve the team.

Would you say the squad is weaker now than last season? Losing Onana who didn't play any better than Tim has so far.

We also haven't sold more than we've signed. We have signed 4 players, losing 3.

Its only when Dyche leaves will people realise what a horrific manager he is.

*Will people realise the team is bad whether they have a progressive you g manager like Lampard, or a title winning manager like Benitez.

Before Dyche:

image.webp

1724084732401.webp

Since then - ownership has got worse and we've had to make money/sell players every window.

What do we expect?

*Will people realise the team is bad whether they have a progressive you g manager like Lampard, or a title winning manager like Benitez.

Before Dyche:

View attachment 270433

View attachment 270434

Since then - ownership has got worse and we've had to make money/sell players every window.

What do we expect?

Genuine question: do you think our manager is getting the maximum amount out of this squad right now.

I feel like managers in trouble or rather under pressure have a checklist them seem to go through . The group , we’ll work harder , training /focus , throw some players under the bus , left field team selection , youngsters in the side , criticise finances , criticise fans . The order seems to change but the journey feels familiar.

If dyche wins the next two everything will be significantly rosier but I don’t know why he feels the need to make comments that at best can be misinterpreted when the fans are obviously and legitimately unhappy with results and performances.

The fans should know it, really.

We've all lived through it.

A manager highlighting/reaffirming were a basketcase probably doesn't help anything.

Things like saying if no takeover were juggling sand.

Things like recognising relegation fodder for 3 years sell more than they buy, will remain relegation fodder.

I found fan expectation really odd this summer. Sure, try an be optimistic but cmon - I've read all summer things like "this team will be nowhere near relegation" to which I've regularly interjected with "why? Have you seen Lindstrom or NDiaye play? Are they that good"?!

Whole point of making signings is to improve the team.

This window we've sold more than we've brought in. As we have the two summers before that.

A team that was relegation fodder, having to make more money than they spent for 3 summer windows.

I get you.

With what he's said however, and making reference to "the fans" all that has been lost

It may have been better then to start playing at least one of the three signings from the off. If he signs players but they're not playing that helps no one

You know as well as I, people were annoyed hearing any comment from Dyche about the fans leaving last week. We were tonked 3 nil. We only competed to the 22 minute and then collapsed.

But continually talking about the fans he's only antagonising people in the fanbase more.

I want him talking about how he's going to get new players into the team and how he's going to get under performing players like Doucouré performing

I don't want him or anyone else talking about our fans, as we've every right to be aggrieved having played two scored none and conceded seven.

Before Dyche:

View attachment 270433

View attachment 270434

What do we expect?
As ive said, 3 very, very bad managers.

Remind me what Benitez and Lampard are doing now?

Not exactly saved us. If he was a better manager we would never have been near going down either season but his negativity has cost us. Yesterday was an expected loss an I predicted 4-0 an it came true
H einheritd a relegation outfot that first season half way through it and he kept us up. Following season he did it with ease and with 8 points taken off us.

That's progress.

If he's allowed to get a couple more in this window and keep Branthwaite (which is what getting shut of DCL is all about) then we kick on again IMO.

I mean yes, but that's what hope is, hope that they improve the team.

Would you say the squad is weaker now than last season? Losing Onana who didn't play any better than Tim has so far.

We also haven't sold more than we've signed. We have signed 4 players, losing 3.

Said all summer mate we've not done enough mate.

Weve averaged 41 points for 3 years. Mainly because we've been incapable of scoring enough goals.

Should we expect things to suddenly change based on signing;

O'Brien - not sure he even starts ahead of Branthwaite/Tarkowski.
Ndiaye - never performed in the Prem. Flopped at only opportunity outside Championship.
Iroegbunam - no clue, honestly don't think we sign him if it wasn't for PSR workaround.
Lindstom - is he a winger? CM? Either way, we don't have a clue what he'll bring really.

The biggest problem we had remains. As it did last summer.

For what it's worth I think the players we've brought in tick a lot of boxes. Individually they all make sense - but do they give us pace/enough in the final third?

Never seen either kick a ball but N'Diaye/Lindstrom can't be worse than Danjuma.

Be surprised if Iroegbunam is as good as Onana.

Not sure how much O'Brien will play with Branthwaite and Tarkowski but at least any centre half injury now doesn't mean Holgate or Keane,.

We were very fortunate last season with no real injuries.

I think the bookies are spot on with their assessment - they have Leciester (point deducion), Ipswich, Southampton favourites, with Forest/us level.

We're in the mix. We've got no depth. I think we're the slowest team in the league and we're relying on N'Diaye/Lindstrom to make the difference.

But in the interests of fairness.

It doesnt matter whats happened before, the fact remains that we look in serious trouble this season.

Bad players, bad owners, bad manager, terrible fans.

We cant do much about the players
Or the owners
Or the fans

But its dead easy to sack the manager!

Dyche should be trying to get the fans on side, but hes done himself no favours, who knows, maybe thats his plan, maybe he thinks if he gets us angry enough we will, you know, support the team, in anger.

But hes got this badly wrong and if results dont pick up, hes gonna find out.

Sacking Dyche removes only 1 problem tho sadly.

Big trouble.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back