Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

He's right though? 🤷‍♂️ We do go from extreme to extreme, I also don't think he's complaining. All these quotes are because the media keeps pushing stupid questions and he's having to answer them.
Exactly, I can't see what he's said negative about the fans. Just expectations are high and he gets asked silly questions from the media. What is he supposed to say as manager of the club about empty seats or people fuming online about the state of the club?
I don't see the owner coming out to take any responsibility. Dyche is left to carry the can for decades of incompotence, so I could understand him getting a little annoyed at some lines of questioning.
People making stories out of nothing and little snipits off the Internet with no context. Usual drivel!!

I wouldn't expect Ancelotti or Pep to take this team and get a result vs Brighton or Spurs. A front three of Harrison, who has been relegated. Doucoure, who has been relegated. McNeil, who has been relegated. Behind a striker who wants off. With Gana Gueye after his last contract is earned, and Tim - time will tell.

NDiaye and Lindstrom could prove revelations - who knows? But to expect them to make a massive difference is optimistic to say the least.

I think Dyche overachieved with this team last season - I've said plenty, only Moyes has had a better individual managerial achievement at this club in our Premier League era. I don't expect that level of accomplishment as standard.

Why do you expect a team that has been in a relegation fight for 3 seasons on the spin because of an inability to score goals, to suddenly be sound because of NDiaye and Lindstrom?

Again - averaged 41 points 3 seasons on the spin. We only hit 40+ points after 34 games last season.

This club/fans will be stressing about relegation until we hit 40 points.

Which is why I've said repeatedly all summer - it's another season of bad blood pressure

See, I never expected results out of Brighton and Spurs, well maybe a home draw at a push to Brighton, it's about the performances and our inability to keep scores down so far.

You can't whinge about our front 3 when the manager picks it against all logic. I'm expecting Ndiaye and Lindstrom to be better than the likes of Doucoure and Harrison and I'd love to actually find out.

He is a manager completely set in his ways and hamstringing himself by picking favourites for no reason.

No sane manager picks Keane over O'Brien. None. Don't care if O'Brien is seen as a bit fresh still, we would accept his errors because we'd understand he's learning and being developed.

We are in for another rough season but we should, SHOULD be comfortable at least. None of this praying for 17th garbage. We are better than that and better managers get more from this squad.

If Bournemouth smash us, what will you say? That it's to be expected?

As ive said, 3 very, very bad managers.

Remind me what Benitez and Lampard are doing now?

Which manager is going to address this;

Last three year premier league;

Games: 114
Won: 32
Drawn: 27
Lost: 55
Goals Scored: 117
Goals Against: 174

From 342 points - we've earned 123.

We score 39 per season - an average of 1.03 per game.
We concede 58 per season - an average of 1.53 per game.

We absolutely can't get any worse in that final third.

Harrison, Doucoure and McNeil - with Mykolenko and no right back dictates a lot more bad weekends than good.

NDiaye/Lindstrom might help - but nobody really knows as neither have ever done it at the top level.

No pace. No goals. No quality in the final third. Relegation scrap.

I think we are already favourites for the drop, now.

Dyche has started making silly excuses and comments about the fans, rather than accept the poor ownership as the sole reason we are in this mess.

It's like a musician asking fans to buy their album, but then also blaming their fans for why they didn't get to number 1 in the charts.
He was commenting on fan criticism last season too.

It''s a familiar and understandable pattern.

Dyche pushes back a bit. I like that and I think a lot more do to. If we get our first win next week this goes back in the box again...until another loss.

See, I never expected results out of Brighton and Spurs, well maybe a home draw at a push to Brighton, it's about the performances and our inability to keep scores down so far.

You can't whinge about our front 3 when the manager picks it against all logic. I'm expecting Ndiaye and Lindstrom to be better than the likes of Doucoure and Harrison and I'd love to actually find out.

He is a manager completely set in his ways and hamstringing himself by picking favourites for no reason.

No sane manager picks Keane over O'Brien. None. Don't care if O'Brien is seen as a bit fresh still, we would accept his errors because we'd understand he's learning and being developed.

We are in for another rough season but we should, SHOULD be comfortable at least. None of this praying for 17th garbage. We are better than that and better managers get more from this squad.

We lose both them games with O'Brien playing - being the point. Keane wasn't at fault for any goal.

We lose both them games with Lindstrom and NDiaye playing - we conceded 2 with them on the pitch yesterday - being the point.

Just because you want to think we're a good team, doesn't make it so I'm afraid.

We lose both them games with O'Brien playing - being the point. Keane wasn't at fault for any goal.

We lose both them games with Lindstrom and NDiaye playing - we conceded 2 with them on the pitch yesterday - being the point.

Just because you want to think we're a good team, doesn't make it so I'm afraid.

I never said we're a good team - I said we're better than we're currently showing.

Keane also absolutely was at fault for Welbeck's goal.

We also have more of a chance of not losing games when we have better attackers on the pitch. That's just basic logic. Those two lineups we had do not scream "we will create something today". Because even if we did still lose, we could have scored, kept the GD in a better spot, as right now it is -7...

You have next to no experience of what O'Brien can do. No idea if he is better than Keane, so sane decision making doesn't come into it.

I'd like to seeO'Brien played too, but it's not like Dyche is keeping proven talent on the bench.

Do one Dyche. Your entire philosophy is about staying in the League, no ambition whatsoever. Just carry on doing the same thing you have done for 2 decades. Slag blues off all you want but it will bite you up the ass. No blues expect Europe, they know we are miles away from that but there are enough poor teams in the league to be able to achieve a stress free season of not being in a relegation battle and that would be acceptable for most blues.

Your aim should be to improve and finish as high as possible. Had enough of this absolute gutter dweller.

Which manager is going to address this;

Harrison, Doucoure and McNeil - with Mykolenko and no right back dictates a lot more bad weekends than good.

NDiaye/Lindstrom might help - but nobody really knows as neither have ever done it at the top level.

No pace. No goals. No quality in the final third. Relegation scrap.
Yes, we are in serious trouble, with or without Dyche.

Results will determine if its with.

Dyche pushes back a bit. I like that and I think a lot more do to. If we get our first win next week this goes back in the box again...until another loss.

On what basis does he have the right to "push back" against the fans Dave?

You have next to no experience of what O'Brien can do. No idea if he is better than Keane, so sane decision making doesn't come into it.

I'd like to seeO'Brien played too, but it's not like he's keeping proven talent on the bench.

He's keeping talent on the bench behind proven absolute hot garbage in Keane. Is Dyche hoping Keane suddenly comes good? He's 32 in January. He shouldn't even be at the club let alone start.

We all knew Keane was happening when Dyche bigged him up in pre-season.

He needs to pipe down talking about the fans

Literally if asked again he should say outright I'm not talking about the fans, they pay their money.

Anything else is antagonising.
Ahhhh

meow-cat.gif

That's football. We had a west ham fan on here asking what we thought about Moyes because they hated him, after he just won them a cup. Look at their squad this season. It is built on moyes' foundations, but it will be the new manager who gets all the plaudits.

If dyche doesn't like that, he's in the wrong job. He keeps talking like a middle manager at a double glazing company, saying things like "emotional intelligence", but he isn't showing much of it at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back