Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

H einheritd a relegation outfot that first season half way through it and he kept us up. Following season he did it with ease and with 8 points taken off us.

That's progress.

If he's allowed to get a couple more in this window and keep Branthwaite (which is what getting shut of DCL is all about) then we kick on again IMO.
I don’t see it Dave, 1st season we stayed up because of a Pope save and Bournemouth being on the lash, last season the 3 teams below us were awful, worse in PL history. He had 2 runs of massive winless runs in both seasons that have lead to us being in trouble.
This season we look woeful already, granted we been beaten by 2 far far better teams but the defensive solidarity we had seems to have gone. We have almost zero threat going forwards. This week is big, beat Donny and Bournemouth and everything a bit better, lose both and we are in trouble

I don’t see it Dave, 1st season we stayed up because of a Pope save and Bournemouth being on the lash, last season the 3 teams below us were awful, worse in PL history. He had 2 runs of massive winless runs in both seasons that have lead to us being in trouble.
This season we look woeful already, granted we been beaten by 2 far far better teams but the defensive solidarity we had seems to have gone. We have almost zero threat going forwards. This week is big, beat Donny and Bournemouth and everything a bit better, lose both and we are in trouble

There's always such context that can be made. Fact is we progressed points wise and table position-wise.

We started yesterday's game with more new players than Spurs did (2 to their 1)
A kid making his competitive debut at 19 and a product of a PSR deal. They also finished 5th and 2 points of Villa last season. Strange but I think their base level might be a bit better than ours.

We started last week's game with one less new player than Brighton (1 to their 2) - whom also did lose a first team player (Gross)
Two £30m+ signings compared to our PSR deal playing in an injury plagued position.

Why does the below quote matter with these sides?
It's an unfathomable shock to our fans that we lost to two teams who've spent £200m and £120-odd million this summer without either losing a first team player.

Who came off the bench for Spurs yesterday? Just a couple of £40m+ players. Brighton brought on a £20m defender who played 18 times for them last season and could do what they wanted once we were down to 10-men.

Again, context doesn't matter to those who would rather just complain after 2 games in a long season.

But in the interests of fairness.

It doesnt matter whats happened before, the fact remains that we look in serious trouble this season.

Bad players, bad owners, bad manager, terrible fans.

We cant do much about the players
Or the owners
Or the fans

But its dead easy to sack the manager!

Dyche should be trying to get the fans on side, but hes done himself no favours, who knows, maybe thats his plan, maybe he thinks if he gets us angry enough we will, you know, support the team, in anger.

But hes got this badly wrong and if results dont pick up, hes gonna find out.

Sacking Dyche removes only 1 problem tho sadly.

Big trouble.

He needs to pipe down talking about the fans

Literally if asked again he should say outright I'm not talking about the fans, they pay their money.

Anything else is antagonising.

If he walks through that door we're hoot favourites to go down.

The feller hasn't even got a new contract in front of him...which tell's you all you need to know about the misgovernance of this club.
I think we are already favourites for the drop, now.

Dyche has started making silly excuses and comments about the fans, rather than accept the poor ownership as the sole reason we are in this mess.

It's like a musician asking fans to buy their album, but then also blaming their fans for why they didn't get to number 1 in the charts.

If we're flying come Christmas, sure he'll probs be offered one, but we won't be, so he shouldn't.
Hes been told I reckon, no contract.

So he makes a fuss in the media, fans are bellends, no money to spend, not my fault.

Gets sacked, gets paid, then tells the media how it was all these mean Everton fans, walks into his next job.

The fans should know it, really.

We've all lived through it.

A manager highlighting/reaffirming were a basketcase probably doesn't help anything.

Things like saying if no takeover were juggling sand.

Things like recognising relegation fodder for 3 years sell more than they buy, will remain relegation fodder.

I found fan expectation really odd this summer. Sure, try an be optimistic but cmon - I've read all summer things like "this team will be nowhere near relegation" to which I've regularly interjected with "why? Have you seen Lindstrom or NDiaye play? Are they that good"?!

Whole point of making signings is to improve the team.

This window we've sold more than we've brought in. As we have the two summers before that.

A team that was relegation fodder, having to make more money than they spent for 3 summer windows.

The ToffeeWeb report from Lyndon Lloyd seems to be matching what you're saying

Reading Dyche's quotes he seems "angry"

"I work on realities and it is difficult at Everton Football Club"

"It's a weird thing in football when people say: 'Why don't you go out and buy someone?' I'm like: 'What do you mean? There is no money.'

"It's as if, as a manager, I don't want to buy anyone. It's not that I am a manager wanting to keep the money here. Unless someone tells me something different, this is what we've got."

That wasn't what I asked.

Do you think our manager is getting the maximum amount out of this squad right now.

You say you'd take 17th, but we were effectively 11th last season, and don't have a worse squad now, it's better, so why the massive regression?

I wouldn't expect Ancelotti or Pep to take this team and get a result vs Brighton or Spurs. A front three of Harrison, who has been relegated. Doucoure, who has been relegated. McNeil, who has been relegated. Behind a striker who wants off. With Gana Gueye after his last contract is earned, and Tim - time will tell.

NDiaye and Lindstrom could prove revelations - who knows? But to expect them to make a massive difference is optimistic to say the least.

I think Dyche overachieved with this team last season - I've said plenty, only Moyes has had a better individual managerial achievement at this club in our Premier League era. I don't expect that level of accomplishment as standard.

Why do you expect a team that has been in a relegation fight for 3 seasons on the spin because of an inability to score goals, to suddenly be sound because of NDiaye and Lindstrom?

Again - averaged 41 points 3 seasons on the spin. We only hit 40+ points after 34 games last season.

This club/fans will be stressing about relegation until we hit 40 points.

Which is why I've said repeatedly all summer - it's another season of bad blood pressure

It's not a new observation and not necessarily a bad thing.

Lee Carsley, in an interview with one of the many Everton podcasts, reflected that he observed the tendency for Evertonians to call things as they are. Perhaps moreso than at other clubs. He liked it as a player, felt that you knew where you stood. If the team played crap, they'd let you know. If you were great, ditto.

Exactly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back