Why on earth did we sell James Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a truly world class player - Benitez decided he didn’t fit his style to the extent he needed to sell him - other new signings have done well but maybe are being sussed out a bit. In a light squad, surely James could be helping us right now?? The whole thing was bizarre
Couldn’t afford to keep him because of FFP.

The thing is with James, he makes players think and be fearful when he has the ball. Teams were doubling up on him. Add in that we finally have wing options both sides and Doucoures role has changed he would have fitted that free roam role perfectly.

I'd rather he was an option than rondon, Kenny, davies etc.
Issue with Dacoure, is role changed because he didn't have to cover for James anymore.

I agree about the winger, James would of found grey and Townsend often

Howe wants him as his first mega signing in January. Not sure if Rodriguez knows where Newcastle is but a large wedge of Saudi money should tempt him. He doesn't have to play for them, same as when he was here.

We had a truly world class player - Benitez decided he didn’t fit his style to the extent he needed to sell him - other new signings have done well but maybe are being sussed out a bit. In a light squad, surely James could be helping us right now?? The whole thing was bizarre

He’s not a world class player. If he was, he wouldn’t have been playing for Everton and then a Qatar side who’s name I can’t even remember.

You don't know either. He was, according to just about every report on more than £100k a week in China. The idea that he would take an 80+% pay cut for the glory of playing for Benitez's Everton is ludicrous.
No I absolutely don’t know, haven’t got a clue, the big money finished in China, even for top players, quite a while ago, can you point me to just one of those reports about Rondon’s wages in China. By the way you’ll be cheering Rondon in a few weeks and be glad that we signed him!!

He’s not a world class player. If he was, he wouldn’t have been playing for Everton and then a Qatar side who’s name I can’t even remember.
That's a lazy answer mate. He is world class quality when he is fit. My eyes tell me that and so would yours if you were honest with yourself.

The reason he played for us is because he isn't fit often enough to produce those world class skills.

The reason he now plays in Qatar is that we were hell bent on selling him and they were the only club who could afford him that wanted him.

But have no doubt he is 100% world class when fit. 12 months ago every regular poster in here was drooling over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.