Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating insight from yourself & @catcherintherye.
It's something I struggle with tbh , I'd much rather we got back to talking footie.

But it really does hit home that we can't let players run their contracts down and walk away for nothing. This has been disastrous for the club for far too long.
Not just Dom , ( although this needs sorting out asap ) there are a few others that need shipping out before it's too late.

Far too many have come in and walked away having been paid handsomely over their contracts , it has to stop.
Buying young ambitious players that can give a few years service at the club and moved on to maximise the rewards are the way to go until theres more stability in the clubs finances .
Over to you Mr Thelwell.

Thanks mate and great points from yourself.

I think part of the problem has also been we have offered contract to players who are too old, for too long on too much money. It just means nobody wants to buy them if they don't work out. Look at Godfrey it the opposite. The wages aren't huge, so even though it didn't work out, we could still move him on.

Potentially, by this time next year the only winger we have on a permanent is Dwight McNeil. It is imperative we get a other one in.

I can't say I've watched much of Leeds, but Gnonto certainly has a bit of something special about him. He looks a genuine goalscoring threat from outside the box with either foot. I haven't seen that in an Everton shirt since Barkley.

The pace, dribbling and confidence to whip in a cross from either side brings a lot to the team.

Thelwell seems consistent in his targets.This is a good thing, and he clearly thinks Gnonto will offer a long term solution or have the potential for another Onana situation where we make decent money.

Hopefully the transfer comes off 🤞

Thanks mate and great points from yourself.

I think part of the problem has also been we have offered contract to players who are too old, for too long on too much money. It just means nobody wants to buy them if they don't work out. Look at Godfrey it the opposite. The wages aren't huge, so even though it didn't work out, we could still move him on.

Think Godfrey was on decent money actually mate, not sure exactly but north of 60k for sure

Not convinced by this Gnonto. Don't think he is worth the hassle.
Loan with option to buy would be the best deal, I know it won't happen cos Leeds will want the cash straight up, but it could save us on a possible painful error of judgement stuck on a long term cost. Or he could show us he's worth that contract.

He's only still 20yr old, had a couple of seasons in England now and has a few Italy caps, that would suggest he isn't "'kin tripe" David, in fact it suggests the opposite, he has a lot of potential still.

I haven't seen enough of him too judge but on those facts alone, I think it's a worthwhile purchase. Not a lot of 20yr olds have played as many games at top level in reality.

He's only still 20yr old, had a couple of seasons in England now and has a few Italy caps, that would suggest he isn't "'kin tripe" David, in fact it suggests the opposite, he has a lot of potential still.

I haven't seen enough of him too judge but on those facts alone, I think it's a worthwhile purchase. Not a lot of 20yr olds have played as many games at top level in reality.

….less caps than Moise Kean and he didn’t make the Italian Euro Squad that performed so poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back