Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Leeds want a fee similar to Lavia, then why are we still negotiating. We obviously can't afford him at £50m, nor should we consider it even if we had that sort of money available.

Leeds don't have to sell to us - that's their prerogative. Part of negotiating is recognising when you are not going to be able to get a favourable deal.
If Leeds are saying the same in private as they are public we should have walked away weeks ago. I suspect there must be some encouragement if we are still at the table but it’s got to be now or never surely. We can live without.

If Leeds are saying the same in private as they are public we should have walked away weeks ago. I suspect there must be some encouragement if we are still at the table but it’s got to be now or never surely. We can live without.
It's possible the agent is still asking us to bid, because he wants to get the player a move. And it's possible we feel a kind of duty to keep pushing for a player who submitted a transfer request

But unless there is still encouragement coming directly from the Leeds board/owners, then we could be wasting our time at this point.

For a club that normally accepts defeat quite readily, we do not seem to be in this case.

I guess its a case of Evertons desire to overpay divided by defeat acceptance equals ZERO.

As many others have pointed out, we need to be more willing to take punts on players before they've had their big break.

Gnonto is one of the last valuable assets Leeds have and we're having to insist on doing structured payments and and clauses to make up the deal. I like him as a player but the deal seemingly doesn't make sense for either club.

We need to find our own Gnonto, I nominate Isaac Babadi of PSV.

Well if Leeds want a fee similar to Lavia, then why are we still negotiating. We obviously can't afford him at £50m, nor should we consider it even if we had that sort of money available.

Leeds don't have to sell to us - that's their prerogative. Part of negotiating is recognising when you are not going to be able to get a favourable deal.
Are we Negotiating or are we just going in with bids. Cos if we are actually Negotiating then u'd expect proper talks actually happening and it's down to price/Sell on value or even our payment structure. Which you could see why we're persisting. But if it's just basically 'not for sale' then what the fcuk our we doing.
Just wasting precious time..

just walk away everton as per the advice from Craig David

Really wanted this player, something different from the usual dross we buy and knew it was too good to be true. But I now agree, move on Everton, let the Leeds board have their mini victory and keep a very unhappy player, who does not want to play for them anymore and who the fans despise. Bravo.

Really wanted this player, something different from the usual dross we buy and knew it was too good to be true. But I now agree, move on Everton, let the Leeds board have their mini victory and keep a very unhappy player, who does not want to play for them anymore and who the fans despise. Bravo.
Same for me just walk away now.

The thing I'm not getting is how it's dragged on this long after the reported numerous bids going in which suggests there is/has been dialogue & negotiating.

If the Leeds board are adamant they are not selling him then come out in public ( not intermediaries) refuse to accept the transfer request and that is the end of the matter.

This brinkmanship is doing no one any favours.

Same for me just walk away now.

The thing I'm not getting is how it's dragged on this long after the reported numerous bids going in which suggests there is/has been dialogue & negotiating.

If the Leeds board are adamant they are not selling him then come out in public ( not intermediaries) refuse to accept the transfer request and that is the end of the matter.

This brinkmanship is doing no one any favours.

Our idiots look as if they've been led a merry dance..acumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back