Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be simple but it’s decisions like this that can kill your over a season.

You’d imagine that this would have been identified a month or so ago so you can move on to other targets and get them in

I mean I don't believe signing him or missing out on him would be the catalyst to survival but you'd hope we have alternatives.

Disappointing as would have been a bit exciting for a change. But we were about to pay twice what anyone deemed sensible about 2 weeks ago. Desperation alone got it close to “pay whatever they want and get it done territory.”

If the funds they’d earmarked for this lad don’t get spent elsewhere, then we all know exactly where we stand.

I mean I don't believe signing him or missing out on him would be the catalyst to survival but you'd hope we have alternatives.
The issue is we have a very poor team that doesn’t create chances. It’s been evident for 2 years

We’ve thrown away 3 points already due to poor planning; the issue is not him not signing for us. It’s the total lack of planning and aware of our situation

Jumping into plan B with 11 days left; if I’m the club of Plan B, C, D etc my valuation has just increased because I hold all the cards now

You would think the idea would be to target multiple, similar targets, simultaneously

I mean, there are lots of players with the qualities of Gnonto

If there’s not much in quality between the targets you bring in the one that drops 1st

Understandable if Leeds don't want to let him go. (I think it's a bad move for them personally) Also fine with us putting in for him multiple times if he's the manager/scouting's preferred choice, but I can't help but be incredibly frustrated with how much time we've wasted over all of this. Plus now teams know we're in for wingers and have 25mil to spend so good luck getting anyone at a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back