Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was in reference to Brighton wanting Pickford and Pickford only signed a new deal but it’s the same as Harrison. New contracts for release clauses or loan clauses in Leeds case.
But as it stands he's back to Leeds next season,are you suggesting Pickford is going on loan?

Just reading we might go back with £30m…. Prob paper talk / nonsence but I’m getting an increasing uneasy feeling that if we get him, £30m for Gnonto will end up viewed in the same light as £27m for a Bolasie or £25m for Gbamin.
I just can’t see that his potential upside after weighing out £30m will be worth it. If it was he wouldn’t be coming to us, he would be getting courted by a top 6 side.
£30m on a relatively unproven 19y/o is too much for us imho. The risk / reward is too great for our perilously quality bare squad, ie £30m is better spend on more proven ability.
23 y/o McNeil with 7 goals in 36 games was only £17m iirc.
*edit - that’s on the basis that we do actually have £30m to spend and it will get spent elsewhere if not on him.

But as it stands he's back to Leeds next season,are you suggesting Pickford is going on loan?

Jack signed a new deal to get a loan clause put in, Jordan signed a new deal to get a release clause. They are different but it is why new deals were signed.

Look at all the new Leeds deals and signings, Kirstensen - loan, Koch(last year of contract) - loan, Llorente loan, Aaronsson - loan, Harrison - loan. Bournemouth missed Adams release clause for 20m so they bought him for 23m.

Just reading we might go back with £30m…. Prob paper talk / nonsence but I’m getting an increasing uneasy feeling that if we get him, £30m for Gnonto will end up viewed in the same light as £27m for a Bolasie or £25m for Gbamin.
I just can’t see that his potential upside after weighing out £30m will be worth it. If it was he wouldn’t be coming to us, he would be getting courted by a top 6 side.
£30m on a relatively unproven 19y/o is too much for us imho. The risk / reward is too great for our perilously quality bare squad, ie £30m is better spend on more proven ability.
23 y/o McNeil with 7 goals in 36 games was only £17m iirc.
*edit - that’s on the basis that we do actually have £30m to spend and it will get spent elsewhere if not on him.
We need a CB...

Just move on. He’s not what we need anyway. We’ve now got limited time as well as a limited budget. Get a decent striker in and get a centre half. I mean, we’ve obviously left everything too late anyway. Nothing has changed behind the scenes. It’s the same bin fire that it’s been for years. Desperate.

Jack signed a new deal to get a loan clause put in, Jordan signed a new deal to get a release clause. They are different but it is why new deals were signed.

Look at all the new Leeds deals and signings, Kirstensen - loan, Koch(last year of contract) - loan, Llorente loan, Aaronsson - loan, Harrison - loan. Bournemouth missed Adams release clause for 20m so they bought him for 23m.
Have you seen Harrison's contract ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back