Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Gnonto, I think hes a talent but concerned we're gonna over pay.

Also question his character. One side of the coin is that its horrendous attitude wise, other side of the coin is you only have one footballer career and its a short one, and you want to maximise it. I'm sure if a club better htan us were in for him he would want to go there but ultimately wants to play premier league.

….more importantly, were you at Elland Rd for a midweek game in 1971 when I scored two screamers? You wouldn’t forget it because the floodlights went off for 10 mins after the first. I try not to miss an opportunity to mention those goals.

Don’t mind Leeds, visited Quarry House & stayed in the Queens or Hilton literally hundreds of times so know the pubs very well.

I was in a Canary Islands bar in January and got talking to a Leeds fan. Weirdly i said I like Gnonto & he said he thought Everton would be relegated. It might have been you, funny how things work out ;)
I was only 3 so 'fraid not!

Fortunately for you last season, you had 3 very [Poor language removed] teams (including us) behind you.

Has some talent Gnonto, without doubt, but the guy clearly has attitude problems, and very bad advisers (they did the same trick with Zaniolo to push for a move last season). Harrison on the other hand will work his legs of for you when he's fit but can be very frustrating.

Don't mind Leeds as a club, for the old uns on here, we had some great matches against them in late 60's early 70's, they had a reputation should we say, but they were also, like us at the time a great team. For the record can not see us signing Gnonto, too much animosity at board level and the Leeds board are making a stand against Gnonto, they may well sell him, but to anyone but us.

In my eyes Willy is an Everton legend and will be even if we won't sign him.
He's a warrior fighting his way to Everton no matter what, he doesn't care what Leeds fans think, doesn't care that we are utter garbage right now and wil probably get relegated because the poor lad just loves us.

Get Gnonto in for an inflated price.

Get relegated.

Try to keep Gnonto to try and get us out of the Chamionship.

Gnonto tells us he won't play for us again and wants to move.

Sell him for £3m to someone like Spurs.

Doing things the Everton way.
Why would we sell him for 3m anymore than Leeds are not selling him for 3m.

If he is signed I have no doubt there wil be an escape clause in the event of relegation.

Why are you trying so hard to keep him in that case ?
We'd already lost a ridiculous amount of players through release clauses that our incompetent owners put in contracts.
He was one of the few without a clause so the intention was always to keep him and anyone else we could keep hold of (we only had 5 outfield players on the bench on Friday which is a measure of our squad)
It's gone beyond that now, fans want him gone, so he'll inevitably leave, all about trying to get the best deal at this point.

Why not by us?
Because I don’t rate him that highly; I think there’s more important positions that need filling, he’s not suited to the one up top system we play if we did sign him as a striker, Leeds fans I’ve spoken to have said he played well and got injured then was a shadow of himself when he came back, his attitude stank, he hasn’t trained or played with the first team so probably would need time to get up to standard and another signing that we can’t start from the off is not what we need. We need people who can come in now and make an impact in this relatively easy run of games.

We'd already lost a ridiculous amount of players through release clauses that our incompetent owners put in contracts.
He was one of the few without a clause so the intention was always to keep him and anyone else we could keep hold of (we only had 5 outfield players on the bench on Friday which is a measure of our squad)
It's gone beyond that now, fans want him gone, so he'll inevitably leave, all about trying to get the best deal at this point.
I think you are right but I think he has caused so much disruption for Leeds they would have been better off to have been rid of him two weeks ago.
I thought they might have tried for a deal including Tom Cannon as he did well in the championship last year and I think Leeds need a striker or two...like ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.