Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didnt stop the greedy git waddling back onto the gravytrain though did it. If he was more concerned about his health than wealth then he would have remained in retirement counting his millions. No , the hypocrite had to return to inflict his horrible football and persona on us all so he could bank another fortune. Detest this idiot. Thank you Bielsa for humiliating him last night.

It doesn't matter if you have a two-week break or a two-month break, we're never going to get ahead of the problem when you have players/people acting irresponsibly and pretty much doing what they want. There are too many out there with a 'The rules don't apply to me' attitude.

Just seen this, so things may be looking up:

The Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved by the UK medicines regulator, opening up the possibility of rapidly scaling up vaccination against Covid-19, especially for the thousands of elderly people in care homes, who need it most.
It’s a virus, it spreads

there’s no evidence that the recent batch of positives is down to people acting irresponsibly. The PCR tests look for the tiniest trace of covid in your system, and they could have caught it by going to the bloody supermarket

International frandleys/nations league/euros/world cup should all be put in the bin for the foreseeable - there's the time for the so called "circuit break", plus irresponsible, unessesscary international flights and travel could be stopped to prevent the spread.

Even champs league/europa league should be pied off imo - just cancel them for this season and stop all the ridiculous international travel - we all know that won't happen - health over wealth etc.

The government and fa/prem league made their bed after the shambles of project restart, so to stop it now is more of the same mismanagement that we have seen from the beginning of this entire health crisis.

I wasnt an advocate of restarting - for me football shouldn't have come back at all, it wasn't (and still isn't) essential, especially in its current format, with no supporters at the vast majority of stadiums, but restart it did and here we are - in another mess.

International frandleys/nations league/euros/world cup should all be put in the bin for the foreseeable - there's the time for the so called "circuit break", plus irresponsible, unessesscary international flights and travel could be stopped to prevent the spread.

Even champs league/europa league should be pied off imo - just cancel them for this season and stop all the ridiculous international travel - we all know that won't happen - health over wealth etc.

The government and fa/prem league made their bed after the shambles of project restart, so to stop it now is more of the same mismanagement that we have seen from the beginning of this entire health crisis.

I wasnt an advocate of restarting - for me football shouldn't have come back at all, it wasn't (and still isn't) essential, especially in its current format, with no supporters at the vast majority of stadiums, but restart it did and here we are - in another mess.

tbf the CL/EL could be reformatted like last year. They've done the group games, so just reduce it to a straight knockout comp again - hold it in one place, somewhere nice and warm, in April/May time.

Easier to keep biosecure bubbles with everyone in one place. Can get it done in 2 weeks

It’s a virus, it spreads

there’s no evidence that the recent batch of positives is down to people acting irresponsibly. The PCR tests look for the tiniest trace of covid in your system, and they could have caught it by going to the bloody supermarket

Of course it spreads, that's what viruses do, hence why you need to act responsibly and take every precaution possible to prevent it spreading. Not just Footballers, every person. I walked out of a shop last month because the shopkeeper sneezed into his hand, wiped his hand on his trouser leg, and then carried on serving people.
Obviously, nothing is going to be 100% but some people aren't even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.