Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll try get through these next batch of games.

I reckon they'll put it on hold next week, and the FA Cup will be cancelled

They'll try get through these next batch of games.

I reckon they'll put it on hold next week, and the FA Cup will be cancelled
Not a chance they will cancel the cup, dont forget after round 4 and a few teams are out it gives them a free weekend anyway, that might help with re arranged fixtures

It certainly should do. The rate is only going to get higher when the virus catches up with all the people who’ve flaunted the Christmas rules

It doesn't matter if you have a two-week break or a two-month break, we're never going to get ahead of the problem when you have players/people acting irresponsibly and pretty much doing what they want. There are too many out there with a 'The rules don't apply to me' attitude.

Just seen this, so things may be looking up:

The Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved by the UK medicines regulator, opening up the possibility of rapidly scaling up vaccination against Covid-19, especially for the thousands of elderly people in care homes, who need it most.

Should be asap.

Personally, i'll be gutted, we're doing great and may completely stop our momentum. But for player, stadium, training ground staff etc, it needs to happen.

I think UEFA are the most culpable people here, with the FA not much further behind.

You can spread the season so much more, if you just completely scrap the group stage of both European Competitions and wait until 2021, and have a "celebration", to European Cup and Uefa Cup. Include some qualifiers to balance it for EL, and go 32-16-8-4-2, and have a closing Tournament like they did last time. Istanbul is City for final, which has four 4* or above Stadia which can host the final 8 and you can hold that in April-May.

6 Matchdays, plus 1 month for final 16 is 10 unneeded matchdays, could easily have done this over 4. Likewise with Europa.

The FA should realise that this could happen and should have postponed the League Cup for one season, we played 3 weeks on the run in the cup, where an extra match day could have been played. Likewise with the Football League Trophy.

Instead, we're staring down the barrel of scenarios like Sunderland or Accrington, who will face 29/30 league games in 127 days, plus games in EFL Trophy.

Teams like Man City who are suffering from COVID, should they make long runs in all the remaining 3 competitions they're in face a potential 37 games before the end of the season, then have to deal with Copa America, Euros.

You're talking nearly 10 days as an incubation period so 2 weeks isn't going to do much. I think we'd be looking at 4 weeks in my opinion.
The new virus number 2 has a much faster incubation period and the 3rd strains even quicker, also much easier to catch

It doesn't matter if you have a two-week break or a two-month break, we're never going to get ahead of the problem when you have players/people acting irresponsibly and pretty much doing what they want. There are too many out there with a 'The rules don't apply to me' attitude.

Just seen this, so things may be looking up:

The Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved by the UK medicines regulator, opening up the possibility of rapidly scaling up vaccination against Covid-19, especially for the thousands of elderly people in care homes, who need it most.
Notrodarmus(spelling) predicted Zombies for next year... just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back