...about manager situation

• no

Votes: 436 89.2%
  • yes

Votes: 53 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need a statement from the club tomorrow, even if it is something we don't want to hear. The board have to do something even if it is to say Martinez is staying until the end if the season when we will re-assess our season. I would prefer them saying he is sacked from today and Sheedy and Unsworth are in temporary control until the season ends.

To be fair, I had to edit my post because I spelt it wrong initially.

To be serious though, stewards are told to remove pretty much all banners, so folk need to bide their time and pick the right moment.
The stewards are too busy selling tickets and giving jarg info to twitter, to be arsed about a few banners..

F all will happen until the end of the season, personally I think it will be announced a few hours after the final game that he's left the club by mutual consent.

I would love to see the club make a statement to supporters that they're as angry and disappointed as us by getting rid of him right now but they won't, apart from making everyone feel better for a few days, it will serve no purpose because the final few games don't matter now. Everyone at the club, including Martinez himself, knows he's on his way out. It will be a strange atmosphere at Finch Farm for the next few weeks.

Worst home season in our history says different.

He is the manager of a failing team, he deserves all the criticism he is getting for the way he has handled the club. It is purely a professional thing.
When he starts talking complete nonsense and expects people to believe it he is inviting further comment.
When he complains about the fans at Goodison then he is moving into dangerous territory.
If he were to come out tomorrow morning and apologise for the last two seasons and resign then I think he would regain some respect from the supporters. If he continues to talk about silverware and Champions League in an unseemly attempt to hang on to his job then he is worry of contempt.

It's not nice to see all this hatred against Martinez. He doesn't deserve this.
He does, he's a failure. A failure that lies to the fanbase that things are sugar when they taste like s***. A failure who cannot forge a winning team out of a top 6 side, which he has had significant funds to add to it, compared to prior managers. A failure who has overseen some of the most pathetic on-field collapses witnessed this generation.
He's been paid 3mill a year. He's set for life. Sod feeling sorry for him.

It isnt pretty sight at all. Frustration always hits the manager and they know it. Personally I can say that I standed by his side longer than 70% of the fans but eventually my back snapped too. I think Martinez is wonderful person and I wish him all the best in the future.
It's not as as a personality, it's his ability to manage our club, no one is bigger than our club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back