Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
We absolutely should be looking to see who is available/attainable this summer.

Both Dyche and Lampart were brought in in absolute panic stations in the middle of the season.

This would be the first time since Benitez that we've been able to bring in a new manager in the summer (and even that one was thrust upon us because Carlo unexpectedly got offered the Madrid job).

if there's someone suitable who would take the job, then making a change at the end of the season is what a properly run club would do.

I think he’s achieved a decent points total up to now, regardless of the style and process.

The Everton manager doom loop feels a bit like buying a car on a 4 year PCP. It was the right decision at the time but after a while the car loses its new car smell, the kids ruin it like they did the last car and you’ve whalloped the alloys causing a few scars by putting miles on the clock. You feel like a change will be better and start to see new cars but remember that throwing in your current car will incur a fee that’s going to be costly. You think **** it I’m going to spend a few grand and get a new car. 18 months later you’re back to wanting a new car.

I think he’s achieved a decent points total up to now, regardless of the style and process.

The Everton manager doom loop feels a bit like buying a car on a 4 year PCP. It was the right decision at the time but after a while the car loses its new car smell, the kids ruin it like they did the last car and you’ve whalloped the alloys causing a few scars by putting miles on the clock. You feel like a change will be better and start to see new cars but remember that throwing in your current car will incur a fee that’s going to be costly. You think **** it I’m going to spend a few grand and get a new car. 18 months later you’re back to wanting a new car.
Sort of, except we're not doing it with shiny new cars, we're doing it with increasingly clapped out second hand bangers, when the wheels fall of the previous one.

Has to stay and see this season out at least.
35 points before deductions is a big improvement on last couple of seasons albeit with some awful to watch football. another season i’m afraid of let’s just hope we stay up and regroup next season.

Realistically who'd you want that's better? Forget anyone employed, as we probably cant afford the buyout.

So you're looking at unemployed, who can do well with £0, also forget anyone trying to play possession football with these players, that'd be a disaster.

For me the only realistic improvement option (if available) would be Moyes

Realistically who'd you want that's better? Forget anyone employed, as we probably cant afford the buyout.

So you're looking at unemployed, who can more well with £0, also forget anyone trying to play possession football with these players, that'd be a disaster.

I do wnjoy this narrative the people who don’t rate Dyche want possession based footy

Literally I can think of anyone who has said that.

For all his faults part of me dearly wishes he'd have been in charge during that era of mad spending. Taking his recent assertions on face value:

"Siggurdson? How much? No, get me Jack Cork"

"Rooney? Sod off you soppy bugger, Bill. He's knackered"

"What's a Klaasen?"

"Giroud? What's he on? No, I've got Ash Barnes on speed dial".

We'd have all gone nuts, but maybe, just maybe, this madness might have been spared. In truth, Mosh would have fired him and signed up whatever flavour of the month chancer floated past his eyeline.

Last edited:

So you're looking at unemployed, who can do well with £0, also forget anyone trying to play possession football with these players, that'd be a disaster.

I'd take that!

Actually I am more worried about relegation next season than this.

"Hopefully" there's more than just us with points reductions next season. And if we get a triple jeopardy ruling, we might even get a handicap in our favour. But if there's a ruling change we could well be goosed.

Anyway back to Dyche....
Very good point this.

I keep thinking OK 75 Branthwaite, 25m Doucoure?... so that clears some debt interest... then what?

I'm plucking at numbers here cos I simply don't know what our player fees are but hopefully with out Gomes, Alli and a few hangers on we'll be able to bring in some fresh legs.