Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
Without the points deduction we are on 35 points and not worried about the drop at all.

Which, horrible to watch footy aside, is what we all wanted for this season.
Exactly mate no stress nothing until points deduction.. our squad is not so good what else are we expecting.. grim football is were we are at sad times but needs must

The way Dyche plays is antiquated. It's "avoid a goal at all costs and hope to chance a goal". It's not what the game is today. ESPECIALLY in the Championship, you HAVE to go to win.

Do I think we would be "better" with someone else? I have no idea. This is the weirdest team in the footballing pyramid in the last decade or so. You could have Pep here and fail, you could some random nobody who could get the team to 5th.

Wow, look at that, a dead heat:

1000015446.jpg

Maybe a few fence sitters could stop eating cheesy beans and help decide this important issue.

It cannot be worse under Dyche. The squad we have should be doing miles better. Never mind transfer fees but the perceived value of the squad is way higher than most if not all of the bottom half.

Pickford - £40m
Branthwaite - £80m
Keane - £10m
Myko - £10m
Patto - £10m
Garner - £20m
Onana - £60m
Doucs - £50m
McNeil - £20m
Beto - £10m
DCL - £30m

£330m excluding the older players etc. And that's not even talking about the style of play.

Sack Dyche

It cannot be worse under Dyche. The squad we have should be doing miles better. Never mind transfer fees but the perceived value of the squad is way higher than most if not all of the bottom half.

Pickford - £40m
Branthwaite - £80m
Keane - £10m
Myko - £10m
Patto - £10m
Garner - £20m
Onana - £60m
Doucs - £50m
McNeil - £20m
Beto - £10m
DCL - £30m

£330m excluding the older players etc. And that's not even talking about the style of play.

Sack Dyche
Sorry but I laughed out loud at your valuations of Keane and Doucoure

Not a dig at just you, but lots of people seem to think players missing chances and making mistakes is just 1 of those things.

I disagree, I think a good Manager coaches the players better and lessens the chance they will do such things.

Not expecting him to turn water into wine at all, but IMO a good manager at least gets a certain level of performance from their players.

On one hand the Manager/coach/staff/tactics prob has something to do w/ it on the other hand some of the efforts on goal are so laughable that it seems like no amount of coaching could fix it. Maybe we need Big Dunc back, dunno.

I think it's just going to get worse: with or without Dyche.

While it's always possible somebody else could come in and revitalise us, I don't think it remotely likely given the way the club has been run. I'd say "is run" but there is nobody running it at all right now.

The club is a speeding car approaching a cliff. The job now is to stop it from going over, even if that means crashing it against that tree on the verge.

Genuinely think without Dyche we’d be in free fall. The way we are right now gives us at least a semblance of stability and the belief we kind grind something out when, let’s face it, we don’t always play amazingly. A more open style of play would only work without all the crap going on in the background

I don't think dyche is a good enough manager to lift a squad above expectations, but I do think plenty of others would have us in the drop with the deductions

Not a dig at just you, but lots of people seem to think players missing chances and making mistakes is just 1 of those things.

I disagree, I think a good Manager coaches the players better and lessens the chance they will do such things.

Not expecting him to turn water into wine at all, but IMO a good manager at least gets a certain level of performance from their players.
Darwin Nunez has the worst big chance conversion rate across Europe's top 5 leagues. £85m. So with that logic, are we saying Klopp is a poor manager for being unable to coach him to stop missing?

Darwin Nunez has the worst big chance conversion rate across Europe's top 5 leagues. £85m. So with that logic, are we saying Klopp is a poor manager for being unable to coach him to stop missing?
IF its just 1 player, that indicates a problem with that 1 player, surely?

If its ALL the players, that indicates a much wider issue.

I’d honestly just keep him until we ride out the finance/ownership problems. It’s going to be a debacle until we move away from the territory of points deductions, no one at the helm making decisions, PSR constraints etc.

Let him have another season of shifting expensive deadwood out: Gomes, Dele, Keane, Holgate Godfrey etc. We’ll prob sell a few players, bring in a few bodies on loan or for free. Then we’ll prob get a points deduction for something else.

No decent aspirational manager want to touch that mess. We don’t go down under Dyche in my view. I couldn’t care less about the quality of the football whilst the fate of the club is at stake. Lampard had us nearly going down with Richarlison Mina Gordon in the team. We just can’t afford to make a mistake with the next appointment and I’d much rather be a boring mid table team well within financial rules by the time we make that change rather than having a crap injury prone squad that has downed tools on most previous managers and has some of the worst attacking players in the league.