Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Chelsea paid for him, on the basis that he didn't meet their expectation at that price level, but has has two good loan seasons elsewhere. It's fairly low risk, but so would many others be at a lower price range. The big teams are not overly impressed.....yet. The lad has massive potential and clearly likes and benefitted at Everton. Two good seasons here and you could see us doubling our outlay and him heading to Spain....probably with Roberto.

Is neymar worth 60 odd million? Has hazard been a consistent 30 million pound player? Is Shaw a 27 million defender?

Potential costs money and you buy it at a premium. Sod his first touch critique, that can only improve and if he scores 15 goals at the age of 20 let's not forget then as his touch and all round game improves as he gets older then he will be scoring pretty much against any team.

I'd pay 40 million if it secured his signature. Worst case scenario is that he will fetch a much bigger fee than what we sign him for anyway

If we spend £24m on him I'd be a bit worried about out other positions if I'm honest.

All the top 4 teams have a striker who'll score them 15 goals a season or more, with the exception of Chelsea who have an attacking line which cost them about £100m.

We'll never be getting in the CL on a regular basis without such a player, unless we decide to go the Chelsea route, which we clearly can't do. There's no point worrying about the other positions if we don't have a 15+ goals a season player up top, it has been our biggest problem for years.

All the top 4 teams have a striker who'll score them 15 goals a season or more, with the exception of Chelsea who have an attacking line which cost them about £100m.

We'll never be getting in the CL on a regular basis without such a player, unless we decide to go the Chelsea route, which we clearly can't do. There's no point worrying about the other positions if we don't have a 15+ goals a season player up top, it has been our biggest problem for years.

I get that. And striker is obviously the position that needs sorting.

But we had this striker last season and didn't get in.

I'm not saying I don't want Rom, of course I do. But I also want some more boss players.

And what?

I'd definitely pay 24m for him, obviously it would be nice if we get him for a lower fee, but a player who is doing the business, scoring wise at present, will only get better with more experience.

He has had a poor world cup. I think £20M then if he scores 20+ or we get CL then this can increase upto £25M

My guess would be the 24m is in instalments. One big payment upfront then the rest after a few years. If that's the case, it does allow abit more money to be spent elsewhere. We've got to get Rom.

Brenndan is right, we won't ever get into the CL with 10 bob striker partnerships when all of the real contenders have strike forces worth between 50 million and 100 million. We need to sign Lukaku and Bony for about 45 million if we really want to compete.

Agree with the add on shouts. Think that will be the way we go if we bid for him. Say 18M plus 2M add on if we win Europa and 4M add on if we qualify for CL or something like that.

Other than the odd bargain, 24M doesn't seem too steep for a prem striker for me, given his age. Sign him on a long term contract, 5 years, he'd be 26 at his prime, stick a buy out clause in, we'd make a fortune.

For me, over the last 4/5 seasons what's been lacking is a class striker. Cahill and Jelavic were decent for a few seasons, but Cahill wasn't an out and out striker and Jela was inconsistent. If we signed Rom, we'd have goals and power up front and an out and striker. Along with Kone and possibly Troare, for once we'd be spoilt for choice. Without Rom or an out and out striker, we'd have Kone (unproven) and Troare (unproven)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back