Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't even bought him yet, why are you talking about selling him?

Erm hold on a minute, i'm not a person who blerts out sell on value all the time like we're a flippin supermarket or something, it's one of the main reasons why people are wanting him here, for sell on value, so i have put that into my arguement

I think 18m plus add ons. Like 5 or 6 mil on add linked to champions league. I'd take him in a heart beat on a 6 year contract and 45m buy out clause

Erm hold on a minute, i'm not a person who blerts out sell on value all the time like we're a flippin supermarket or something, it's one of the main reasons why people are wanting him here, for sell on value, so i have put that into my arguement

I think you'll find the main reason people would like him to join is to do with the amount of goals he scores, and you're missing the point spectacularly if you think it's got anything to do with how much money we could potentially make on him.

'Obviously'

Would you be so kind as to recreate that list but also add where they played there football, what clybs they played for, and what opposition they faced, while you're at it could you also make a seperate list of footballers who were banging in loads of goals at a young age but then ended up sh it e

I think you'll find the main reason people would like him to join is to do with the amount of goals he scores, and you're missing the point spectacularly if you think it's got anything to do with how much money we could potentially make on him.

No mate you're missing the point spectacularly, i said ONE of the main reasons, i do know about the goals and possible potential for the future

His large legs make him very springy for such a large man, making him excellent in the air. Far superior to that Romelu imposter.

Looks like you've been brainwashed by some of the lunatics on here. Sorry to hear that mate.

Would you be so kind as to recreate that list but also add where they played there football, what clybs they played for, and what opposition they faced, while you're at it could you also make a seperate list of footballers who were banging in loads of goals at a young age but then ended up sh it e

Neymar played in Brazil, Ibrahimovic in Holland and Sweden, Falcao in Argentina and Columbia, Suarez in Uruguay and then Holland, Aguero in Argentina, Huntelaar in Holland, Van Persie in Holland and Ronaldo in Portugal. None of those are elite leagues, and Lukaku outscored most of them by far. 30 of those goals have come in the PL before he was 21, which would put him 6th in that list and ahead of Suarez if you're going to skew the argument to suit yourself and just count those goals.

Your argument is a load of crap, mate.

Looks like you've been brainwashed by some of the lunatics on here. Sorry to hear that mate.

Neymar played in Brazil, Ibrahimovic in Holland and Sweden, Falcao in Argentina and Columbia, Suarez in Uruguay and then Holland, Aguero in Argentina, Huntelaar in Holland, Van Persie in Holland and Ronaldo in Portugal. None of those are elite leagues, and Lukaku outscored most of them by far. 30 of those goals have come in the PL before he was 21, which would put him 6th in that list and ahead of Suarez if you're going to skew the argument to suit yourself and just count those goals.

Your argument is a load of crap, mate.

Thing with all of those players is that they weren't blessed with the pure physicality that Lukaku has from an early age - they developed the ability to shrug off opponented and/or find space to work before their mid-20s. Lukaku has had a leg up with his strength, but the question is whether he's now plateaued because of a lack of technical potential.

We've seen him struggle for the entirety of 2014 for one reason or another and he's shown little sign of adapting his game to make a bigger impact, which is worrying.

Thing with all of those players is that they weren't blessed with the pure physicality that Lukaku has from an early age - they developed the ability to shrug off opponented and/or find space to work before their mid-20s. Lukaku has had a leg up with his strength, but the question is whether he's now plateaued because of a lack of technical potential.

We've seen him struggle for the entirety of 2014 for one reason or another and he's shown little sign of adapting his game to make a bigger impact, which is worrying.

Fair enough. But, as I said, if we just count his goals in the Premier League (a lot of which came from the bench at WBA) then he's 6th on that list anyway. He's not perfect, not by a long stretch. He did struggle at times last season but I think we relied on him a little too much, what with Kone and Traore being unavailable. He could have been knackered and needed rest at times but with us not being able to afford him that rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back