Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
24m for sure, hopefully 15-18 m up front max and the rest over period of time and/or achievements with us

I'll have a bet with anyone now that if we do sign him he will not improve beyond the first 2 seasons, in other words, he will turn into Andy Caroll

Well, that's just it. He has scored 32 Premier League goals in those first 2 seasons 17 for WBA, 15 for us. Even if he maintains that, he's worth £24m.

Add the 15, and 16 league goals he scored for Anderlecht, and well...

BoulJltCYAA8eO8.jpg

Well, that's just it. He has scored 32 Premier League goals in those first 2 seasons 17 for WBA, 15 for us. Even if he maintains that, he's worth £24m.

BoulJltCYAA8eO8.jpg

I mean starting from the moment we sign him on a full contract as our settled player

People get mad worried about his poor touch. Lots of good strikers have poor touches, many of them are worse technically than Rom. It's nothing to worry about. All you have to do is play to their strengths and watch them crush everything. Chelsea have just signed one for 32mil, on the back of 27 league goals, a league title and a CL final, with nary a nice touch in sight. You don't have to be a good footballer to be good at football.

BoulJltCYAA8eO8.jpg

I know that early bird chart looks impressive but it obviously means bugger all, you can't possibly put every player into the same circumstance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back