• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in our history we need a great manager.
Moyes was here 11 years and won nothing , his best achievement was a solitary 4th place finish, despite having a security of tenure most managers could only dream of.
Kendall built a team which contained no superstar players yet still delivered our most successful period ever and at one point was considered the the best in Europe.
B. Clough forged a team made up of rejects and no marks which not only won domestic titles but twice became European Champions.
We need to find a manager of their ilk , managers who can secure success regardless of financial backing.
After watching his teams for 11 years I know that whatever his strengths may or may not be , he is certainly not comparable to a Kendall or Clough.
He had his chance we need to take the chance of finding someone better.
So, still an emphatic NO from me.

Moyes was here 11 years and won nothing , his best achievement was a solitary 4th place finish, despite having a security of tenure most managers could only dream of.
Kendall built a team which contained no superstar players yet still delivered our most successful period ever and at one point was considered the the best in Europe.
B. Clough forged a team made up of rejects and no marks which not only won domestic titles but twice became European Champions.
We need to find a manager of their ilk , managers who can secure success regardless of financial backing.
After watching his teams for 11 years I know that whatever his strengths may or may not be , he is certainly not comparable to a Kendall or Clough.

"After watching his teams for 11 years I know that whatever his strengths may or may not be , he is certainly not comparable to a Kendall or Clough"

Tbf, there's not that many in the History of football that is comparable to them 2.

"After watching his teams for 11 years I know that whatever his strengths may or may not be , he is certainly not comparable to a Kendall or Clough"

Tbf, there's not that many in the History of football that is comparable to them 2.
But I would rather we attempted to find one rather than return to someone who has already proved incapable of such great feats.

Not saying Clough wasn’t amazing, but some of the “No marks” he signed included the world’s first million pound player and the world’s most expensive goalkeeper...

If he comes back we might as well liquidate and not bother.

Sends the wrong message and cements a lot of fans theories about the club and it’s majority shareholder

To restate:
City under Mancini - 5th, 3rd, Champions, 2nd.

But for some reason they are never counted as a “top four side” under Moyes....

in those four years we won twice, drew once and lost once.
Yes I concede they beat City when City finished third, so he won one out of forty four games, makes his record a whole lot better, It might make me change my mind if he comes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back