Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't a top player though. He's a liability in defensive midfield, and a decent forward who will get you 12 goals a season when he is on the top of his game. Worth about 15 - 18 million.
You are entitled to your opinion even if it is stupid.

Even so. you are saying that we could sign a £15m player for £!2m and moaning about it. Go figure.

No, we do know that nobody activated Fellaini's release clause. What we don't know, is whether that whole load of unsubstantiated conjecture you have just written has any basis in reality.

So Moyes never sounded Felli out? No club will put in a formal bid for a player, if the players agent tells them they'll not discuss a deal. It goes on all the time......

You are entitled to your opinion even if it is stupid.

Even so. you are saying that we could sign a £15m player for £!2m and moaning about it. Go figure.

No, I'm saying I wouldn't want him anywhere near our midfield, as he is nowhere near as good as McCarthy or Barry. And that he isn't the type of number 10 that we need any more. His sale value is about 15 - 18 million, but the clubs interested in buying him are going to be the likes of Newcastle and West Ham. He would still be a really bad buy if Everton bought him for 15 million now, which is why Roberto won't be going anywhere near him.

So Moyes never sounded Felli out? No club will put in a formal bid for a player, if the players agent tells them they'll not discuss a deal. It goes on all the time......

I'm trying to differentiate between fact and conjecture. It's a fact that no club activated Fellaini's release clause, and it's a fact that United will struggle to get 20 million for him at the moment. Your opinion that Moyes prevented other clubs from bidding for Fellaini through implementing some warped masterplan that saw him eventually pay 27 million pound for him is pure conjecture.

I'm trying to differentiate between fact and conjecture. It's a fact that no club activated Fellaini's release clause, and it's a fact that United will struggle to get 20 million for him at the moment. Your opinion that Moyes prevented other clubs from bidding for Fellaini through implementing some warped masterplan that saw him eventually pay 27 million pound for him is pure conjecture.

United insist they have paid Everton no more than the £23.5m release clause that was in Fellaini’s contract – a clause that expired at the end of July – but Everton say the deal is worth £27.5m to them. The difference is understood to be Fellaini’s own cash sacrifice.

By submitting a written transfer request on deadline day Fellaini, left, has forfeited about £4m in loyalty bonuses that would have been due on the two years remaining on his Everton contract . That has allowed Everton to declare the deal as being worth £27.5m to them.

Fellaini will make up for his lost bonuses over the course of the four-year contract he has signed at United, which has seen his wages jump by £50,000-a-week to £125,000-a-week.

We've already got McCarthy for a similar price United is asking for Felli. I don't know how much James earns, but I'm pretty sure a former Wigan player contents himself with less than a Man United player who used to be our top earner. Do you guys see McCarthy as worse then Felli? Of course not. And on top of that he has a perfect bond with Barry. I hope we can tie Barry down so that they could continue making an excellent pair in midfield.
I have nothing against Felli, but I think that an alleged defensive midfielder should primarily do a decent job in defending and linking up quickly with the attack, exactly like McCarthy does.
We could invest that kind of money better, I hope Roberto will make more astute decisions than just blow out half of the transfer kitty on a player we don't really need.

I think there's more than conjecture. Moyes and United tried to hold Everton 'hostage' over Fellaini. Moyes was confident he knew how 'Everton worked' - Kenwright fumed, and Felli said he wanted out, but he only wanted to sign for United. The board and the management stood firm, and not only United, but Fellaini himself, took unwanted hits in the pocket.

It's all pretty common in the game. Conjecture. LOL.

United insist they have paid Everton no more than the £23.5m release clause that was in Fellaini’s contract – a clause that expired at the end of July – but Everton say the deal is worth £27.5m to them. The difference is understood to be Fellaini’s own cash sacrifice.

By submitting a written transfer request on deadline day Fellaini, left, has forfeited about £4m in loyalty bonuses that would have been due on the two years remaining on his Everton contract . That has allowed Everton to declare the deal as being worth £27.5m to them.

Fellaini will make up for his lost bonuses over the course of the four-year contract he has signed at United, which has seen his wages jump by £50,000-a-week to £125,000-a-week.

And?

The report I remember reading was that Fellaini sacrificed a proportion of the wages he was initially offered by United, which allowed United to increase the transfer fee but maintain the amount they were willing to invest in Fellaini, as the total invested on his transfer and wages would remain the same?

Making up a false transfer fee because you no longer had to pay loyalty bonus sounds utterly absurd to me, and I struggle to see why Everton would want to do that? I don't believe that was the case at all. That's just United trying to save face after being made to look like morons.

But even if the above is true, all it does is say that even an extremely desperate Moyes and Man United were only willing to pay just over 20 million for Fellaini, and that nobody else was interested in paying that amount.

Making up a false transfer fee because you no longer had to pay loyalty bonus sounds utterly absurd to me, and I struggle to see why Everton would want to do that? I don't believe that was the case at all.

_45844438_kenwright_av512.jpg

I think there's more than conjecture. Moyes and United tried to hold Everton 'hostage' over Fellaini. Moyes was confident he knew how 'Everton worked' - Kenwright fumed, and Felli said he wanted out, but he only wanted to sign for United. The board and the management stood firm, and not only United, but Fellaini himself, took unwanted hits in the pocket.

It's all pretty common in the game. Conjecture. LOL.

I think you might need to look up what conjecture means? The conclusion you have come to is based on a load of unsubstantiated guff, and is a million miles away from being accepted as fact, or even a likely scenario.

I think you might need to look up what conjecture means? The conclusion you have come to is based on a load of unsubstantiated guff, and is a million miles away from being accepted as fact, or even a likely scenario.

So what facts disprove it then? And I can tell you know, that it's a more than a likely scenario. Fellaini and his dad had been angling for a move long before Moyes took over at United.

He lives in Manchester, he respects David Moyes, and he had one of the worlds biggest clubs after him. They wer all over it :p

So what facts disprove it then? And I can tell you know, that it's a more than a likely scenario. Fellaini and his dad had been angling for a move long before Moyes took over at United.

He lives in Manchester, he respects David Moyes, and he had one of the worlds biggest clubs after him. They wer all over it :p
His behaviour prior to his move doesn't really fit that though mate, weve all seen players angling for moves and it usually comes in far more aggressive form than how felli behaved, he certainly wanted the move, but all in all, I think he went about it the right way and with respect to everton

i think Roberto was happy to let him go his attitude was poor can't remember the fixture but i do remember him shrugging his shoulders and turning his back to play like some kinda prim a Donna unforgivable ! he wont be coming back here even if he wanted to
his replacement James McCarthy is a real professional this is the type of player who will give 100% winning or losing if we can find more like that fella we will be ok

Can I predict that while Belgium are winning in the group stages, 50% will credit Fellaini for it and say "told you so". Belgium will then lose to Portugal or Germany and 50% will blame Fellaini and say "Told you so"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back