Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have him back but for £10m tops. Say maybe £8m up front and £2m add ons (cup win, CL qualification...)

Let's be honest, he was used as a scapegoat for United fans right from the off because he wasn't Fabregas. He never got a settled run in the team and Moyes didn't handle his situation very well.

Sit him next to McCarthy and we'd have one of the best central midfields in the league.

All depends how much we have to spend.

Get the striker we so badly need in, then if there's enough left then maybe.

For me.

Felli moved on and we moved on

Best to just leave it at that I feel

To be honest, it wouldn't be fair to the guys who stuck around and did all the hard work last season to have Felli waltz back in and benefit from it. It's better for all involved if he stays at Man United I think. Better for them, him and us

If they persevere with him, he'll come good for them. Meanwhile, we can look at moving on in a different direction and not spending a large part of our transfer money bringing him back

You could see pre-season that he wasn't up for the task. I think the problem was that when he started with us in CM/CDM he was gash, he fouled and just didn't seem up or the task. However, his second season he was incredible, a really powerful player. He won tackles and sensibly passed it on. His biggest problem came when Cahill moved on and Fellaini moved into the CAM. Fellaini started scoring goals. Players love all the glory and Fellaini certainly took a shine to scoring goals and reaping in the egotistical rewards that come with it. Then Martinez came in. He was moved back into CM and expected to do his old scruffy job. This was also his problem at United, he just doesn't to want to do that anymore, he wants to score.

I'd have him back, as long as he plays in CM/CDM and knows that's his job. He's be a good partner to McCarthy. Both set out the win the ball and pass it left/right/center, it'll be hard for teams to play through the middle against us.

Not got anything against Felli bit why should we help him out after his "big" move has gone tits up.
He doesn't really fit our style of play anymore and £12 million is a large fee to be paying for someone that I don't really think we need.
Our priority has to be getting Lukaku, so keep the £12m and put it towards a bid for Lukaku, or any other top class striker within reason.

Not got anything against Felli bit why should we help him out after his "big" move has gone tits up.
He doesn't really fit our style of play anymore and £12 million is a large fee to be paying for someone that I don't really think we need.
Our priority has to be getting Lukaku, so keep the £12m and put it towards a bid for Lukaku, or any other top class striker within reason.

This is the bit I don't get. Where are people getting this from?

Is it because he's a big lad? Or because we used to shove him up top lump long balls to him?

There's so much more to his game than this.

I don't really get it.

Well seeing as some people constantly berate Lukaku for his hold up play and ability to bring others into the game with his back to goal, could he be an option for playing up front on his own? We know he's got goals in him and people seems to accept that Kone getting 13 was a good return so could he be an alternative left field option to Lukaku?

Well seeing as some people constantly berate Lukaku for his hold up play and ability to bring others into the game with his back to goal, could he be an option for playing up front on his own? We know he's got goals in him and people seems to accept that Kone getting 13 was a good return so could he be an alternative left field option to Lukaku?
*thinks about world class chest control, begins touching self.
Seriously though I'm not altogether sure on that. Its a novel idea with perhaps some merit. However I don't know that perhaps he has the pace or acceleration that we would want from a striker, which might limit the nice little attacking side we become when we counter.
Also there would be an adjustment period for someone who has played midfield his whole career, at the end of which there would be no guarantee that he would be a success.

talk_to_frank.gif

Is it because he's a big lad? Or because we used to shove him up top lump long balls to him?

I don't really get it.

Yeah, I think he'd adapt alright

I'm just more of the opinion that it's not right that he can go away for a year, while the hard graft and adapting was being made and players like McCarthy filled the void exceptionally, only to come back and benefit from that

He didn't put the hard work in. He left for pastures greener and realised it was a mistake. I'm not so sure he should be allowed to just come back in and retain his position, especially because it would cost a large chunk of our transfer budget

I know that's out dated and that football doesn't work that way anymore, but what can I say? Stuff like that matters to me

*thinks about world class chest control, begins touching self.
Seriously though I'm not altogether sure on that. Its a novel idea with perhaps some merit. However I don't know that perhaps he has the pace or acceleration that we would want from a striker, which might limit the nice little attacking side we become when we counter.
Also there would be an adjustment period for someone who has played midfield his whole career, at the end of which there would be no guarantee that he would be a success.

If we've got the reported £25m Lukaku fee squirreled away it would leave us £12m to add an extra player though, and we'd have the added bonus of knowing Fellaini can play in a number of different roles. Like I say just a stab in the dark idea to ponder, there's obviously no substance to any of it and almost certainly never will be!

NEA, would have him back. He's still a good player, but also I still have a Everton top with his name on the back.

I don't really get it.

He was put in the defensive mid role at United and was appalling every time I watched him, couldn't pass the ball couldn't keep hold of ot and he would just get frustrated in the process.
That would be the position he'd play for us as Bobby is quite clearly against putting a big fella upfront and launching It to him. Therefore I don't think he is any longer suited to our style of play.

Yeah, I think he'd adapt alright

I'm just more of the opinion that it's not right that he can go away for a year, while the hard graft and adapting was being made and players like McCarthy filled the void exceptionally, only to come back and benefit from that

He didn't put the hard work in. He left for pastures greener and realised it was a mistake. I'm not so sure he should be allowed to just come back in and retain his position, especially because it would cost a large chunk of our transfer budget

I know that's out dated and that football doesn't work that way anymore, but what can I say? Stuff like that matters to me

Sort of mate. He's a good player and we should want good players really.

However, I'm more concerned that we shouldn't get him because we have a striker position to sort out first and foremost, then i'm not 100% certain we'd even have £12m left for him.

Anyway, anyway, it's all probably rubbish. United would be mental to sell him for such a loss. But then they appointed David Moyes to replace the most successful British manager ever. They are a bit mental.

There's been a few teams in the last couple of years who've played using a midfield player as there most advanced player, is it really that much of a stretch to think we could employ it?

I wouldn't want us to employ it with Felli mate. And as a serious alternative to Lukaku? Come on mate, there's left field and then there's bark at the moon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back