Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not disagreeing with you mate but how does a deal like that give each side 200m buying power? This psr stuff gets more confusing by the day
If it's £40 million each way that's theoretically £38 million booked profit for DCL so can sign players on 5 year contracts for that £38 million times 5 = £190 million

They paid £6 million for him a year ago and he's never played for them

That doesnt relate to his current value.

Its a bit like us going for Mainoo last summer for £40mil when he was worth zero if thats the basis.

Not disagreeing with you mate but how does a deal like that give each side 200m buying power? This psr stuff gets more confusing by the day

If it's £40 million each way that's theoretically £38 million booked profit for DCL so can sign players on 5 year contracts for that £38 million times 5 = £190 million

Cheers mate. Makes more sense to me now

The key point here is that we would still need to pay those installment payments each year to Newcastle.

In theory, they can pay us in cash all up front and we can pay them year 5 :)

But it still needs to be paid.

For Newcastle they get to cover PSR and spend that oil money.

For us we get a very highly rated young player and a player with 12months left out the door.

Also we need to keep in mind the advantages of cash to spend now can be covered in future stadium revenues.

Be surprised if Lyon would drop £40 mill GBP.
Same. Games being played all over the shop here.

Suddenly we want 37m for DCL, Newcastle want 40m for Minteh, neither player is worth that but here’s [insert random other club] apparently willing to pay it.

Newcastle and Everton to “reluctantly” meet each others valuation ie stick through an inflated value PSR swap?

Lost me?

DCL isnt worth £37mil. We dont know if Minteh is worth £37mil to Newcastle.

Its a swap with it being setup as separate deals purely for the eye test. There may be a nominal fee added one way but for all intents and purposes its a swap for PSR.

If the total is £40mil both ways on 5 year deals...

It gives each side £200mil buying power & £8mil off the books for year one.
I get that just my view is they want dcl to stay and minteh they are trying to get cheaper because newcastle need sell for psr to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back