2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he could have put a run of games together he would really grown as a player and would worth a lot. Seems like he could be a star player in a less physically demanding league, but bigger clubs will look at his injury record.
I had high hopes of signing him after his World Cup performances. He was colossal

If he could have put a run of games together he would really grown as a player and would worth a lot. Seems like he could be a star player in a less physically demanding league, but bigger clubs will look at his injury record.
I had high hopes of signing him after his World Cup performances. He was colossal
I think he relishes the physicality. Suits him perfectly. It's not the intensity of the league that's injuring him, some players just have recurring muscle problems. Hopefully we figure out how to manage him and keep because I'm struggling to think of a player in recent history that has a bigger impact on our results, plus he's entertaining!

My mates a Man United fan and said when he's seen him play thinks he's one of the best in the league but you just can't get him on the pitch enough. Saying that they have there own Michael Keane in Harry Maguire haha

Confident of a win if Saint Yerrence of Mina is marshaling the defence. Although both absolutely crap, he brings up the levels of both Holgate and Keane when either is alongside him. You just have to watch the pair of those clowns when they're the back line in a four-man defence and the mistakes they've made that have led to goals, particularly from Keane.

I know it's five games in two weeks from this Sunday and Mina won't start them all, but I hope he can start three of them, maybe the next three Sundays - Leicester, Brentford, Palace - but let's see if it looks like it's going to the final game against Arsenal or whether it makes sense to risk him and try to secure safety against Palace.

Not counting my chickens, but we really have no excuses not to pick up 7 points minimum from the next 3 games. Odds are though, even if we don't and we get, say, 4 points only, I see us probably 1 more likely 2 points ahead of Leeds what with them playing Chelsea and Arsenal, then we'd both have 2 games left, safety could be secured v Palace.

Lots of ifs and buts, but I think we can be safe before we play Arsenal. Here's hoping.

Then the clear out of these waste of spaces who've put us all through this can begin.

Mina and Keane vs Leicester. Playing alongside Mina just might prod Keane back into form…and we need him to regain his confidence. Mina is a leader. Keane could be.
plus Keane and Mina both good at attacking corners. Leicester set piece defending record has been atrocious. 2-0 to us then - Keane and Richarlison with the goals.

He did everything he could to drag Havertz into a battle and play the game that Mina wanted and it worked. Absolutely loved it. That stands out a mile next to our other defenders who can’t seem to decide whether having the ball or not having it is more likely to cause them a total mental collapse.

Not only is he a quality player but he usually enhances the game of the players surrounding him. Creates stability unlike Keane who seems to just inject dread into the environment
Keane, Holgate and Godfrey are followers (secondary defenders if you like) imo there isn’t a leader among them, that’s why they look lost and make mistakes when any of those 3 are paired together. But in comes Mina and which ever one he plays along side he makes them look decent, like he did last week with Holgate. Mina is another level but the others can learn a lot from him.

It's such a shame. The Digne, Gomes, Mina transfers under Brands & Silva were actually good on paper, and if it had all worked together we might have been still under Marco Silva and doing ok in the top 10 at least. It's amazing how many 'Everton, that' things happen to us! lol
Silva was a big mistake he had shown little before he came here and imo he always looked out of his depth. I could never warm to him and was glad when he went. Yes he’s done well with Fulham but next season in the PL will be the next proper test for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.