2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word simplistic is very relevant in that sentence though. Mina has played 90 minutes 7 times this season, 5 of them at home and 6 have been against teams in the bottom half of the table. It's maybe not that surprising that we conceded less goals and won more points at home to Burnley and Norwich than we did away at Liverpool and City when you think about it.
Bingo. It’s so simplistic, same as the “see our win percentage when he’s in the team” - look at the lineups in the games he played last season and the ones he missed. Not really surprising we won the games he played in and laughable to say we’d have won the games he missed with some of the shambolic/patchwork line ups we fielded.

He’s got better in peoples minds the more games he’s missed.

Mina, Gomes, Delph, big earners - not fit anywhere near enough. Can’t build a team around that, all three need to go in the summer.

Nope.

He had no say in any players bought here under his tenure.

That was proven.
Thats right Dave believes the director of football model should be abolished as the manager ultimately reigns I should of noticed your homage lol. But so many unhinged opinions it's hard to retain memory of them all.

His calf is f******, much like a certain other Colombian we had.

Short of having surgery, which reading up isn't a sure-fire success, he needs a warmer climate and a less intense league. And even that isn't a sure-fire success.

If we stay up, then he will be on the 'for sale' list - but all bar maybe 2-3 players will be you'd imagine. But he shouldn't be pushed out of the door unless there's a deal that fulfils what we need FFP wise (think that's about £6-7m), depending on who else goes out of the door.

If we stay up we might get more than £10m for Keane but I'm not entirely sure tbh.

We need 2 CBs whatever happens and 2 need to go. Which 2, I'm not really bothered about tbh. I'd keep Mina if the offers aren't good enough because I think what he brings when he is fit is worth it. However, that's only under the condition we aren't relying on him to be our entire defensive organsier which, unfortunately, he is atm.

He starts when fit given the woeful form of our defence, but he always has a calamity in him. Like the last game.

Even if he was always fit, I'd still say we need better if we're ever going to compete. For me he's an unsettling 'lead' centre half - is too drawn to the ball for me. It's like he plays his own game at times.

Next season we need to bring in a top centre half, and alongside him I'd have Branthwaite/Godfrey.

I think he has shown huge promise. He's only 19, which is no age at all for that position.

Godfrey has also shown enough to tell me he's got a good future.

Call me crazy, but I also think there's a chance Holgate turns things around, too. He looked brilliant in that spell pre-lockdown.

Keane is the one I'm least sure about... he's got ability, but at 29 he's running out of runway to improve his confidence - which is his only issue as far as I'm concerned.

Ive been flim flamming on Mina because I rate him so highly.

But it seems clear to me that we need to sell him and Keane this summer and hope for £20mil from their combined sales.

If we go with a back 4 next season then we'd need a leader in to play with Branthwaite, Holgate and Godfrey. A back 3 means we would also need a left sided player.

The wages are just too big (same as Delph) and theres no consistency of a pairing at the back.

Ive been flim flamming on Mina because I rate him so highly.

But it seems clear to me that we need to sell him and Keane this summer and hope for £20mil from their combined sales.

If we go with a back 4 next season then we'd need a leader in to play with Branthwaite, Holgate and Godfrey. A back 3 means we would also need a left sided player.

The wages are just too big (same as Delph) and theres no consistency of a pairing at the back.

…Nkounkou is available.

…Branthwaite.

Regardless, I can’t see us playing with 3 CBs as a regular team model.

You’re up and about early?

Im in Asia mate :p 7 hours ahead which means watching the games gives may give me instant nightmares :eek:

Remember Thelwell wrote a book on the 352 formation and Lampard has frequently used it here and at Chelsea...so it possible and of course 'generally' centre backs are cheaper than the more advanced positions.

Id hope Branthwaite evolves into the central player in a back 3. He has the height and athletic ability but perhaps lacks the tactical experience at the moment.

Not sure how he would do on the left of a back 3. He's obviously two footed, athletic and can play.

Id welcome a formation where he becomes a regular next season.

Coleman should definitely drop/cover, but that makes no difference if Mina deals with it. Mina should deal with it/he doesn't. It comes off his back/he doesn't head it back.

I think you'd have a completely different take if that was Michael Keane and not Yerry Mina ;)

I think Patterson replaces Coleman next season anyway.

We need to find a top/lead centre half. Mina, his injury record/wage/contract duration should dictate he's binned.
Mina and Coleman both at fault.

Mina should deal with it but Coleman completely compounds the error by, for no reason, charging forward and into his back.

Mina could be a top CB, he really could be, because even the best make mistakes. I don't think he's Rudiger, VVD, Dias level obviously but there are some very good players that are the tier below and if he could stay fit he'd be in that tier, because the proof is in the pudding. But he just can't stay fit.

But we can't think about keeping or binning any players until we know whether we're safe or not. Then all those decisions will be made.

I'd still keep him around up to January.

Not sure what the takers will be in the summer but him and potentially Tarkowski would be a short term solid enough CB to tide things other while others hopefully develop.

Bingo. It’s so simplistic, same as the “see our win percentage when he’s in the team” - look at the lineups in the games he played last season and the ones he missed. Not really surprising we won the games he played in and laughable to say we’d have won the games he missed with some of the shambolic/patchwork line ups we fielded.

He’s got better in peoples minds the more games he’s missed.

Mina, Gomes, Delph, big earners - not fit anywhere near enough. Can’t build a team around that, all three need to go in the summer.
Just about spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.