2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

His injury record and his current salary make a transfer a hard sell, don’t they?

I think I’d be genuinely shocked if he goes this summer.

Having said that, if he was an incoming player to Everton, and we hadn’t been plagued by injury-hit players lately, I might just be able to rationalise his missing 48 games through injury over 4 seasons as ‘not that bad,’ since 20 of those were last season with one injury.

But no, I still think making a deal this summer would be really tough and it feels pretty unlikely.

Thought some here might be interested in some comments Yerry has made back to Colombian media on his injuries last season:

"It was a difficult season, frustrating, feeling impotent, I wanted to show what I am, the talent I have. Some of the injuries were my own fault, because I always give the max when I train, I always want to give more, always want to put forth my best, there are times when I should rest and I don't stop."

"I've learned from that. Other injuries resulted from helping the team through this season of difficult moments, I told the gaffer I'd play on one foot, then there are the consequences, I didn't learn that in the moment because we were dealing with relegation and I didn't want to have a relegation on my record. One has to learn from what's happened, and now I am well"

Fue una temporada difícil, frustrante, de mucha impotencia, quería demostrar lo que soy, el talento que tengo. Algunas lesiones fueron por mi culpa, porque me entreno siempre al máximo, siempre quiero dar más, siempre quiero dar lo mejor, hay veces que necesito descanso y no paro", comentó.

"Ya aprendí de eso. En otras lesiones, fue por ayudar al equipo en esta temporada que estaba pasando por un momento difícil, yo le decía al profe que si podía jugaba en un pie, entonces ahí están las consecuencias, no aprendí de eso en su momento porque estábamos con el tema del descenso y yo no quería tener un descenso en mi curriculum. Hay que aprender de lo que pasó, ya estoy bien", agregó al respecto.
All started for me when he had to play 3 games in quick succession for colombia which is crazy for a player like Mina...after that he never really recovered.

I would sell if we got a buyer.
But if he stays he will have to put in a effort as his contract is coming up for ending and if he has a bad season we're will he end up?
Either goes now and has the chance of a decent contract or gambles, another injury plagued season he will not get a good offer anywhere.

Being in the position we find ourselves I think we have to get value for money from everyone in the club, unfortunately Mina does not represent that value for money. He doesn't play often enough to warrant his wages and as he is gets closer to the end of his contract his value drops. Nothing would give me greater pleasure that to see a fully fit Mina and Tarkowski at the centre of our defence for 30 league games next season but his injury history would lead one to believe that simply isn't possible. If our Board hadn't screwed the club's finances I would keep him, but unfortunately we are now not in a position to take a chance on him playing more games next season.

But he has stated his injuries are self inflicted due to his being to eager to play, what do we make on that.

Is it still sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.