2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s such a shame, this could have been a great signing - a genuine coup at the time, his reputation was sky high.

Sadly inability to put a run of consecutive games together has massively hampered our defence throughout his time with us. We’ve never had a consistent partnership at the back as a result, meant we’ve chopped and changed the centre backs far too often and never got an established partnership. Has to go, promise not fulfilled and focus on getting a consistent reliable centre back pairing.

I do to and fro on big Yerald, but I think I’m settling on keep him if he’ll sign a new deal. If he’s learned he can’t go play two games in a week for Colombia, and we accept that he’s simply incapable of playing two games in a week for us, then we can get 30 off games a season out of him. He’s worth it, he’s that good. Alongside Tark we’d be rock solid at the back. Godfrey too for recovery pace in a 3.

If he won’t sign an extension though, now is the time to sell.

Yerry Mina is only classed as our better defender because he can't put enough games together to clarify his stats as one of our worst defenders.
Yes it seems the less he plays the better he becomes to some fans, I’ve got him down as a bit better than Michael Keane. He might do well as a wrestler going by those ridiculous tangles he had with opposing players.

Lets hope we get a juicy £12-15 million fee for big Yerry mate!

One of those where the head may need to rule the heart mate, if you could get 40 games out of the lid guaranteed id extend his contract, we know that is unlikely though, so we have to look after the clubs interests.

If we got 15 mill for him we're taking in 10 mill, and saving close to 12 mill - so that deal would be worth 22 mill to us.

Last edited:

According to some reports by Spanish newspaper AS, Mina is to stay at Everton. My hope of course is that he stays, but given his recent acknowledgment of his injuries and how they happen, that with that he takes this knowledge to help him overcome the long injury record he had last year and give us a better season coming up so he can shine under the Frank’s regime.

DC8C1574-63C0-45B6-8795-B43E8BFBAAD7.jpeg

E077D302-10B1-4C1E-824F-912DFFA32A89.jpeg

According to some reports by Spanish newspaper AS, Mina is to stay at Everton. My hope of course is that he stays, but given his recent acknowledgment of his injuries and how they happen, that with that he takes this knowledge to help him overcome the long injury record he had last year and give us a better season coming up so he can shine under the Frank’s regime.

View attachment 169746
View attachment 169747
Erm, it seems AS isnt aware what a retained list.

View attachment 169746
View attachment 169747

A retained list is just showing the players held under contract at the club.

Mina had one year left so he was always going to be on that list.

If (and I mean it's a pretty huge 'if') he can make the relevant provisions to ensure that he stays fit for most of the season then I'm more than happy to keep him.

I've said it before, but the centre half partnership is the no.1 position on the pitch were you absolutely need consistency and to this end our best defender absolutely needs to be playing every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.