2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird, I agree.

I think his long absence last season has mixed together in people’s minds with his fairly frequent niggly injuries he’s had previously to make him seem like a perma crock.

I do think my perception has been muddled by that, anyway. To the point where I find it quite hard to imagine another club wanting to take him on.
He was substituted 3 times in the first half last season, that's from 11 starts and 13 appearances total. He's a liability, unfortunately, we can't rely on him at all. He's not Gbamin but he's getting there.

The games we did well in was when he was just in for a couple, I think our win percentage was massively improved when he played. Tbh I think he will stay.
Fair enough, ultimately, the time to sell a player who won’t renew his contract is with two years left so it will be a reduced fee whatever happens.

I don’t buy the win percentage increase in games he plays is because of him. You have to look at who else is in the team and who we’re playing. He’s been fortunate to be in the team when it’s been reasonably strong and been missing for games when we’ve had patchwork, at best, teams out.

Haven't seen him linked to anyone
Because unless it's for a nominal fee and a relatively low wage, he's not worth taking on.
The 8 games he played 90 mins
I'd just stop right there.

That's 90 minutes for less than a quarter of a season. So, if we 'do the math' he works out at just under 500k per 90 minutes? No wonder we're utterly skint.

To say we'd finish in a mythical league position if he stays fit is pure fantasy. He won't ever stay fit for the majority of games. (yet is seemingly always available for Colombia!)

Easily our best central defender, but anybody who thinks we can rely on him in anyway is utterly deluded.

Honestly like his positive influence in the dressing room. Seems to raise everyone's spirits in the footage that he is involved in. Also seems to be genuinely passionate about his teammates. His reaction when that palace player tried to break Gordon's leg said a lot.
And you should hear his jokes on the treatment table. Man, what a great guy for the morale of the medical staff.

All very quiet for Yerrald!
I wonder if hes happy to let his contract run out and head back to South America next summer on a free.

8 full 90 minutes last season is obviously a problem for us, but also a huge problem for any potential purchase.
If we are adamant we cant have him around, id imagine clubs will only be offering loans, paying a small wage percentage

8 full 90 minutes last season is obviously a problem for us, but also a huge problem for any potential purchase.
If we are adamant we cant have him around, id imagine clubs will only be offering loans, paying a small wage percentage
Still needs to be considered. Even if we end up paying half of his salary, he's never going to play half the games if he stays here so we're no worse off.

I really like him, but he's pretty pointless if you can't rely on him being available. (it's a position/partnership that thrives on familiarity)

We need to find a buyer, or extend the contract. The current contract situation can't be allowed to drag on

With the injuries, for me we have no option but to bring in as much cash as we can.

Get him on a new connie, one more season. Give him one more chance to get fit. If he can't do it, at least his value is maintained and he can be sold.

Get him on a new connie, one more season. Give him one more chance to get fit. If he can't do it, at least his value is maintained and he can be sold.
Alternatively, we give him a new contract and doesn't get fit and we're stuck with him for even longer.

Sorry, but it's madness.

(before you say it, he won't extend on reduced oay and appearance based terms)

Status
Not open for further replies.