2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an attempt to, but the ball doesn't stay in a position for him to score if it doesn't hit his hand.

Has the rule "ball to hand" being a foul changed? Perhaps it has, but it is ridiculous to penalize a player where the ball goes to hand rather than hand to ball.

Has the rule "ball to hand" being a foul changed? Perhaps it has, but it is ridiculous to penalize a player where the ball goes to hand rather than hand to ball.
Yes. And for me it isn't ridiculous because it defeats the whole purpose if you use your hands to score goals. Not to mention players clearly have figured out how to do some of this stuff "unintentionally." Not saying that was one but these guys have figured out 700 ways to play act and we're meant to believe the handball stuff is natural?

Yes. And for me it isn't ridiculous because it defeats the whole purpose if you use your hands to score goals. Not to mention players clearly have figured out how to do some of this stuff "unintentionally." Not saying that was one but these guys have figured out 700 ways to play act and we're meant to believe the handball stuff is natural?
The rules are going to be a problem either way. If ball to hand is legit, attackers should make themselves as big as possible without incurring the ref's ire. If it's not, defenders are incentivized to rifle the ball off an attacker's hand to kill attacks. The only question is which side gets the advantage.

The rules are going to be a problem either way. If ball to hand is legit, attackers should make themselves as big as possible without incurring the ref's ire. If it's not, defenders are incentivized to rifle the ball off an attacker's hand to kill attacks. The only question is which side gets the advantage.
I certainly don't see defenders taking that risk very often

Always preferred the 'was an advantage gained' approach. As the big Ig stated, if the ball hadn't hit his hand, it would have continued away from him. However, he was being held before the handball, which I thought was a penalty.

I certainly don't see defenders taking that risk very often
Yet. It usually takes a bit for players to start abusing a major rules change, because retraining instincts is not a trivial problem.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if this rule change eventually leads to a generation of players who are very good at lifting the ball exactly where they want it to go.

Yet. It usually takes a bit for players to start abusing a major rules change, because retraining instincts is not a trivial problem.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if this rule change eventually leads to a generation of players who are very good at lifting the ball exactly where they want it to go.
I still don't think defenders would risk it because getting it wrong and changing possession in those areas isn't worth a free kick 90 yards from goal. It's the attackers trying to earn penalties that you have to worry about and why the natural position law can't completely go away. But I get suspending it when the natural position still creates a goal from a handball.

...and yet this got through and knocked Ireland out. The world and his wife could see this was deliberate. But then I'm not bitter!! lol

1634313904920.png
1634313992804.png

Now that's a clear deliberate hand, Mina's wasn't thus the goal should have stand!

In case you don't know Sassy, that was Thierry Henry against Ireland in a 2 leg 2009 World Cup Qualifier. France won 1-0 in Dublin but Ireland won 1-0 in ordinary time in Paris.

In Extra Time this happened, and Henry handled the ball twice to control it allowing Gallas to score the "winner". Absolute robbery.

Look at the videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.